tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/20/19 2:10 p.m.

The time has come for me to move to Europe with my wife and daughter. It doesn’t make sense to spend the money to ship my car, so I am selling it.

Originally purchased last year from Pimpm3 (https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/1999-porsche-boxster-5-speed-150k-4300-florida-min/142294/page1/)

This is a 1999 Porsche Boxster 986, 5-speed manual. I literally bought it, cleaned it and drove less than 1k miles. Just changed the tie rods and I have new brake rotors, brake pads and rear control arms to go with it. Didn’t have time to play with it due to other projects.

It runs well, has cold AC, and has a nice interior. The paint has several scratches and both bumpers have marks on them (and a crack on the rear bumper) from the previous owner bumping into stuff. It has extended wheel studs and new A/c compressor.

The bad: The check engine light is on because of an O2 sensor and the airbag light is on due to the passenger seat belt receptacle. 151k miles. You could drive it anywhere. Top is in decent shape and works as it should. $4,000.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
8/20/19 2:27 p.m.

Interested!

barryk.hayesAT yahoo

7zero6 2zero1 4two1six

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/20/19 2:46 p.m.

Just sent this to my dad.  He had wanted to buy it if you had passed.

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/20/19 2:54 p.m.

In reply to Hasbro :

Sent you a text.

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/20/19 2:55 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Sounds good. You have my phone number.

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/20/19 3:07 p.m.

Sale pending

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/20/19 3:11 p.m.

Wow, 57 minutes.  

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
8/21/19 3:18 p.m.

Keeping it in the GRM family! Thanks, Tim.

Will start a build page soon. Plans are to lighten it a bunch and build for max cornering. No rules except street legal. My county, Madison Cty, Ga., doesn't require an inspection.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
8/21/19 8:38 p.m.

It was a fun car while I had it.  Its funny I was thinking about it the other day "why on earth did I sell it".  It will be a great vehicle for you!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/19 8:48 p.m.

What about the chevelle?  (Not being a vulture, already have one, just curious)

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/22/19 7:25 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Too painful to answer.....

I had to sell the Chevelle as well. But it went to a good friend of mine and he is treating it well.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/22/19 8:17 a.m.

Ugh.  Hope the move is everything you hope it will be

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/22/19 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Thanks. I hope it will be also. I will have the opportunity to do some racing in Europe, which is nice. I am less than 2 hours from the Nurbergring.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
8/22/19 2:54 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

It was a fun car while I had it.  Its funny I was thinking about it the other day "why on earth did I sell it".  It will be a great vehicle for you!

Thanks, Jeremy, so excited! Pick it up tuesday.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/22/19 4:54 p.m.
tedroach said:

In reply to Patrick :

Thanks. I hope it will be also. I will have the opportunity to do some racing in Europe, which is nice. I am less than 2 hours from the Nurbergring.

Nice! I was on a business trip to Germany once and within an hour and half from the ring but didn't have my own vehicle get there or spare time in the trip to get there. Good luck getting there!

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/22/19 6:10 p.m.

In reply to dan0 :

I have been on the ring once. It was quite the experience. Love to see all the cars there too. I really want to go for an event.

tedroach
tedroach Reader
8/22/19 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Hasbro :

Are you going to start a build thread?

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
8/22/19 10:17 p.m.

Yes, starting with the trip up to you this Tuesday and will also start a couple of other build threads, one of them being a single car garage/shop, with temp. control. I have 28,000 sq. ft. of self storage space and no shop or garage! So, the 986 will go temporarily in a 10x20 unit but they're pretty tight and no 220 power. It's also lost rent $ so the garage will start soon; a year's rent would cover the labor costs.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/22/19 11:24 p.m.

Everybody wins. $4k Boxster is a win. Moving to close range of the Nurburgring is a win.

I've been once. It did not scratch the itch. It embedded it.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/26/19 6:41 p.m.
Ransom said:

Everybody wins. $4k Boxster is a win. Moving to close range of the Nurburgring is a win.

I've been once. It did not scratch the itch. It embedded it.

Highly quotable, that last bit. 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
8/26/19 7:15 p.m.

Are there any engine management options for these in RE: to adding boost or modifying?  

Babegyrl
Babegyrl
11/16/20 11:23 a.m.

I have to ask in case I missed it. Is the car still up for sale?

solfly
solfly Dork
11/16/20 12:11 p.m.
Babegyrl said:

from 15 months ago??

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/16/20 5:50 p.m.

And it sold in under 1 hour. devil

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/16/20 6:10 p.m.
Babegyrl said:

I heard these could be converted in a Lamborghini; but now a canoe too?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WSL2PW52UW01utWpPFktcZG2kcNhfyldxZivCqlrwc47GahurkFMCDJZ0PF0Sh7z