1 2
Nate90LX
Nate90LX Reader
4/7/24 2:06 p.m.

I need to thin the heard of projects, so my forgotten 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 needs to go. It has 245k miles and it's not rust free (rear quarter wheel arches are rusting). Although the Mazdaspeed is the turbo 2.3L version of the 3 with 6 speed manual and front wheel drive limited slip diff. It could be a fun rallyx or easy challenge car. It's on RX8 18x8 wheels and I can include some mismatched 16x7 wheels too (no tires). 

Nate90LX
Nate90LX Reader
4/7/24 2:11 p.m.

Nate90LX
Nate90LX Reader
4/7/24 2:12 p.m.

Nate90LX
Nate90LX Reader
4/7/24 2:13 p.m.

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 HalfDork
4/7/24 4:05 p.m.

What's wrong with it?

bbbbRASS
bbbbRASS New Reader
4/7/24 5:32 p.m.

In reply to Evanuel9 :

I was just thinking of you for this! It doesn't matter what what's wrong with it, you should get it

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/24 6:17 p.m.

A challenge legal speed3. This is an easy button if i've ever seen it. 

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/7/24 7:06 p.m.

If someone gets this for the challenge I have a set of somewhat crusty coilovers you can have for free. I am about 30 or so minutes from bowling green. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/7/24 9:27 p.m.

Throw my name on the might be interested list.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
4/7/24 10:05 p.m.

That looks crusty.  It also looks awesome.  Hope it goes to a good home.  I really like that blue-grey.

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 HalfDork
4/8/24 12:57 a.m.

In reply to bbbbRASS :

Yep, really interested in a challenge priced speed3, but I also want to drive more than wrench so we'll see what's wrong. Hopefully the rust isn't terrible either. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/8/24 8:28 a.m.
Flynlow said:

That looks crusty.  It also looks awesome.  Hope it goes to a good home.  I really like that blue-grey.

Beware. Cosmic Blue is cursed. It's a well known rumor in Speed3 world. I'm pretty sure my car is cursed by proxy- my ORIGINAL Speed3 was going to be Cosmic blue- I had ordered one before I'd ever seen the color, and cancelled the car because I was gonna move to Texas and a whole other story happened and blah blah blah- and well.... you've seen mine. 

Nate90LX
Nate90LX Reader
4/8/24 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Evanuel9 :

It's got 245,000 miles and all the wear and tear associated with being a commuter car for most of its life. 
the radio and hasn't worked this week. The AC clutch has issues, but it was blowing cold when the clutch worked. 
It appears to have full power at WOT, but the turbo oil seals may not last forever. It has some black smoke at WOT. It consumes about a quart of oil over 3,000 miles. 
I am willing to negotiate especially is you have a fun idea for a challenge or rallyx race car ambitions. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 4:04 p.m.

dayum. I do not need this. but I do want it. 

Evanuel9
Evanuel9 HalfDork
4/8/24 11:22 p.m.

In reply to Nate90LX :

Honestly, I'd love this but I want to buy something that I don't immediately need to put a bunch of work into, and I'm worried about smoke and oil burning. GLWS!

wyndscreen
wyndscreen New Reader
4/9/24 1:06 p.m.

yea...this is a good deal!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/24 7:03 p.m.

i.......sent you a pm 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman UltraDork
4/9/24 9:02 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Don't buy anymore cars... but if you do let me know. This would bring back some memories for my friend who bought and recklessly abused one he purchased new when we were young. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/9/24 9:12 p.m.

I have never wanted a Speed 3 UTE conversion until today.   And now it's all I can think about.  

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/24 1:42 p.m.
nocones said:

I have never wanted a Speed 3 UTE conversion until today.   And now it's all I can think about.  

Ohhh!

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
4/10/24 3:25 p.m.

This looks EXACTLY like my friend's old MS3, right down to the wheels. 

Tempting, as I've always loved these, but it's far away and I don't need another project right now. GLWS!

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
4/12/24 1:40 p.m.

Do they require premium? Wouldnt mind for a fun to and from work beater + rallyx

Nate90LX
Nate90LX Reader
4/14/24 2:40 p.m.

Sold

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/24 2:46 p.m.

Is that what Chandler had on the back of his trailer in the cars on trailers thread?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/14/24 4:53 p.m.
yupididit said:

Do they require premium? Wouldnt mind for a fun to and from work beater + rallyx

Yes. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3SkhslnVMi87gaP2QfgbgVkI4WvfLDxyqPPYFr3FLed68NHLZ94beAeOCoqAoteg