1 2 3 4
Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/20/24 9:11 a.m.

No info on timing, except thst it's not throwing any codes for t. Nothing done on carbon, but these engines aren't nearly as bas as the 2.0 turbos. Only leaks I've found are the valve covers and I bought gaskets.  Just have to.find them. Lol

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/20/24 10:27 a.m.
Docwemple said:

No info on timing, except thst it's not throwing any codes for t. Nothing done on carbon, but these engines aren't nearly as bas as the 2.0 turbos. Only leaks I've found are the valve covers and I bought gaskets.  Just have to.find them. Lol

I have someone who is looking for an "SUV-like" vehicle. I'll keep you posted if they are interested. Curious to see if that new MAF Sensor fixes all the codes.

Sent you PM.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/20/24 11:11 a.m.

In reply to RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) :

Replied 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/20/24 12:25 p.m.

Can you take pics of the damage?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/24 12:27 p.m.
yupididit said:

Can you take pics of the damage?

I totally thought of you when I saw this ad. Pix in the other thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/my-version-of-a-garage-sale/271418/page4/

yupididit
8/20/24 12:31 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I'm blind man, I can't really see the damage. I might text him and see if I can stop by when he isn't busy.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/20/24 12:58 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

The bottom half of the rear bumper is caved in (can probably be pushed back out and be 80 to 90% fixed). The passenger side fender has a "ripple", you can see it at the door and at the top of the arch. The front bumper/grill has chrome missing and I did some plastic welding.  Looks reasonable at a distance,  I guess. The hood has paint missing at the leading edge, you can see paint missing. The windshield has damage that starts at the base,  near the center, and spreads from there. 

yupididit
8/20/24 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

I text you

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/20/24 3:24 p.m.

Got it. Replied. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
8/20/24 3:28 p.m.

I don't have your number to text, I emailed you earlier this morning.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/20/24 3:56 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

You didn't get a reply? My text is 410 three three zero 1437

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
8/20/24 5:03 p.m.

Looks like it's SKJSS's

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
9/3/24 9:31 p.m.

Free bump!  Didn't work out for me due to my own schedule, but he's a stand up guy.  Easy to deal with!

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/3/24 10:39 p.m.

Thanks!!

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/4/24 8:40 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Man, I was still daydreaming about that car! Good to hear, I'll be in touch

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/4/24 11:05 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Sounds good.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/4/24 4:07 p.m.

FWIW, I had gotten rid of all the codes with the MAP replacement. Now, only once, it threw the EPC light and shook under near WOT. I can't get it to do it again.  And the only codes are secondary air injection codes, which were there before and it ran fine. I got the OBD Eleven app to see if that'll scan it deeper but I can't get it link to my dongle. I'm trying to work with the company but will probably have to buy another brand of dongle. SMDH. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/5/24 12:41 a.m.

Another drive today. No issues. No change in the codes either. I'm going to check plug condition. 

VadGTI
VadGTI New Reader
9/5/24 4:44 a.m.

I can't understand how this is still not sold.  I'm *this close* to jumping on a plane here in SoCal.

I actually have a buddy heading out to the East Coast from SoCal who is having some issues with his Range Rover Sport.  Maybe the cure for those issues is a $1,500 Audi Q5?

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/6/24 6:34 a.m.

This is a $200 flight and $100 in gas away from me.  Should I let that stop me?

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/6/24 6:57 a.m.
akylekoz said:

Pickup some wheels for sale in his same town and detour them south to me and I'll cover the $100 in gas! (Granted, you'll be picking up some more fuel costs with your detour.)

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/6/24 8:12 a.m.
akylekoz said:

I hear you! I'm in the Lansing area with big plans to fly down there but the budget demands that I sell the Saabaru before I can go pick it up and it's almost like no one wants an old Subaru with a whining front end :(

I currently have one interested party, but we shall see. In the meantime I sadly have no claim to dibs on this car. Just don't swing by my house on your way home if you do get it-- the regret would kill me

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/6/24 11:38 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Subaru?

OLDYLR
OLDYLR GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/24 11:42 a.m.

I'm about an hour from him, have been contemplating it but finding the time/ride is difficult

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/6/24 12:21 p.m.

My mom is in the hospital. They suspect heart attack. So, both parents I'll, moving..... Things are crazy. It's still available. Just wish my Jag, motorcycles and so on would grab this attention.  Oh, and I've only listed here as I just don't want to deal with FB tire kickers right now. Especially after selling my other 76 2002 on there.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X5XTsksNe89cvCP9BsSTiPsxToupXDGR2vj6yWf4suzGWoo9SHEJVwfs72t6GLLf