10/2/24 8:56 p.m.
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
10/3/24 6:35 a.m.

3 Fieros and a FieroCart?

Purple Frog
Purple Frog GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/3/24 10:38 a.m.

I am a mid-engine fanboy.  Europa, MR2, Fiero... etc.   In many ways the Fiero is the most pleasing to the eye, and I think if made a hot rod maybe the most practical in terms of features, comfort, and safety, etc.   

GM always quit too soon on so many concepts.  Corvair, Fiero, etc.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/3/24 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Purple Frog :

I drove one around a few times in the mid '90s. Kinda a neat car despite it's (low) Tech4. The speakers in the headrest were interesting. 
a supercharged 3800 would have been nice! Up till this year, I'd gotten heavy enough, and hurt enough, to have had a problem with the size. But I'd love to try one again!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/3/24 8:49 p.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to Purple Frog :

a supercharged 3800 would have been nice! 

I've seen this done. It is in fact nice

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/3/24 9:04 p.m.

Haven't seen one in person, but have read great things. Drove the little econo car version back before I discovered the upgraded Buick 231, so then, would have preferred a SBC, and just didn't click with those swaps. Now? 3800SC without a doubt!!!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
10/4/24 5:14 a.m.
Purple Frog said:

I am a mid-engine fanboy.  Europa, MR2, Fiero... etc.   In many ways the Fiero is the most pleasing to the eye, and I think if made a hot rod maybe the most practical in terms of features, comfort, and safety, etc.   

GM always quit too soon on so many concepts.  Corvair, Fiero, etc.

Mid-engine fanboi here too.  The story of the Fiero is quintessential GM, and is pretty interesting.  There was such potential, if only the bean counters had half a brain.  By time GM fixed the issues it was too late.  I would love to find a nice 3800 swap car.  

There's nothing like the inherent balance and feel of mid-engine.  I've had many.  As much as I love to buy and sell cars, there's one in my driveway that isn't for sale...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JqXsEadxZrjaFkJEeSfn9INaHczTUuVwrCFErIo24Bb5LopmuUc4MgmZdDst0VLx