1 2 3 4
alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/5/14 7:28 p.m.

I posted a ton of details in my alfabb classifieds posting- http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/312065-74-gtv-race-car.html#post5391849

I suggest go over there to read.

But here are some things to make you want to look: Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/14 8:44 a.m.

Oh look, one of my all-time favorite cars. Would you trade for a kid? I have a moody teenager I could be convinced to let go....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/14 8:55 a.m.

Very nice car.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/6/14 9:06 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Oh look, one of my all-time favorite cars. Would you trade for a kid? I have a moody teenager I could be convinced to let go....

LOL, not exactly.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/6/14 9:11 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
pinchvalve wrote: Oh look, one of my all-time favorite cars. Would you trade for a kid? I have a moody teenager I could be convinced to let go....
LOL, not exactly.

What about an attractive but moody middle-aged woman?

Beautiful car. I wish I was in a position to do more than drool at it right now.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/6/14 9:36 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
LOL, not exactly.
What about an attractive but moody middle-aged woman? Beautiful car. I wish I was in a position to do more than drool at it right now.

I have one of those already.

She let me get the car in the first place, and was the one who really wanted to drive the Carrera Panamericana.

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
5/7/14 3:34 p.m.

I've seen it in person. It looks better than the pictures. It's a great looking car.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/8/14 7:24 a.m.

Are the Spica lines stainless braided covered with something? Or is that Kevlar braided line?

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/8/14 7:58 a.m.
stafford1500 wrote: Are the Spica lines stainless braided covered with something? Or is that Kevlar braided line?

Honestly, I don't know the material- I know it's not something special- something similar to brake materials, but is safe for fuel. I'd have to ask Wes (the SPICA guru) what they are.

While SPICA runs at 400psi, my longer term plan was to convert to similar era Bosch inejctors- which run at 39psi. The soft lines solve a problem of vibration and breakage, but create a little bit of problem due to the their expansion. At 400psi, it's a measureable problem, but I'm pretty sure it would be negligible at 39psi- or at least easier to deal with via pump output.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
5/9/14 7:32 a.m.

You have absolutely no idea how badly I want something that simple and analog to work on. Beautiful vehicle - I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/9/14 7:48 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
stafford1500 wrote: Are the Spica lines stainless braided covered with something? Or is that Kevlar braided line?
Honestly, I don't know the material- I know it's not something special- something similar to brake materials, but is safe for fuel. I'd have to ask Wes (the SPICA guru) what they are. While SPICA runs at 400psi, my longer term plan was to convert to similar era Bosch inejctors- which run at 39psi. The soft lines solve a problem of vibration and breakage, but create a little bit of problem due to the their expansion. At 400psi, it's a measureable problem, but I'm pretty sure it would be negligible at 39psi- or at least easier to deal with via pump output.

I know about the expansion of the soft lines. It feels a bit like grabbing an 110ac line while grounded, without the sore muscles later. The lines we made for the IT car I prepped were Teflon lined stainless outer braid (brake line -4 if I recall correctly). They make routing easier than the original triple wall steel tubing, but they did cause a bit of paint scuffing since they were not covered. I'm sure Wes Ingram has been thru a few iterations to get them right.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/9/14 1:38 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500:

Wes now uses Nylaflow, which he gets from Aircraft Spruce. Probably would have changed to those had I made the Bosch injector swap.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
5/12/14 7:05 p.m.

So pretty and so close, must resist

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/12/14 10:00 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: So pretty and so close, must sell some stuff and get back to you ASAP

FTFY

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/13/14 6:38 a.m.

Funny thing now is that I can't find the title. Although, that was at least 2 owners ago.

Never really planned to register it, since it is racecar. But one guy interested wants to drive it on the street. hmmm

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
5/14/14 9:22 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: So pretty and so close, must resist

Buy it, Steve!!! You could be teammates with Dr. Bernie...  photo IMG_225722952331546_zpsrdcxeb9w.jpeg

He's in Toledo, although his car is a bit cooler, what with the Horst Kwech history, and E36 M3.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/15/14 6:47 a.m.

In reply to grafmiata:

ALL of Bernies cars are cooler than mine. He's got the first GTA that won a race from Argentina, there's Kwech's old car, and some old Bobcor cars- all of which won races.

But he and his son also have one almost challenge car.

I gave them a 67 GT Jr that I was going to use as a challenge car, but found this car I have for sale. I think he was going to build it as a less valuable race car.

Bernie is a great guy- one of the people who saved the life of a fellow Alfa racer.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/22/14 8:14 a.m.

I'm getting word that few are buying race cars. So I need to keep bumping this so that I can keep track of it.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
5/28/14 9:07 a.m.

how did this get to page 2...

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/11/14 2:41 p.m.

bump for the off chance that someone is interested here. someday.

Still available, and we are back.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/14 2:52 p.m.

I'm interested, I'm currently just too broke to buy it, at least until I sell the Harley and the CRX.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/11/14 3:05 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: I'm interested, I'm currently just too broke to buy it, at least until I sell the Harley and the CRX.

Based on the response, I think you still have time to put money together....

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/11/14 3:12 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
BoxheadTim wrote: I'm interested, I'm currently just too broke to buy it, at least until I sell the Harley and the CRX.
Based on the response, I think you still have time to put money together....

The race is ON... I'm thinking somewhere around the spring of 2016 unless this kidney finds a match sooner.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/11/14 4:49 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

LOL- I hope it's not going to be that long. The car deserves to be raced.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/18/14 7:32 a.m.

bump

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CiQlkHWZcSQIayywmjLyOKwN4VZCgjJiXDPu0bQh61zW2D1j5D0mmPbjChkmNpQx