1 2 3 4 5
MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/14/19 10:10 p.m.

Since 3 MR2's are better than two whats the story on that one?

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/19 5:39 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

All these cars have a title except for the MR2?

Yes.

Danny Shields
2/15/19 5:43 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

All these cars have a title except for the MR2?

Yes, not counting Stampie's Model A and T chassis.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
2/15/19 5:46 a.m.

I'm going to stop thinking about the Delorean now, just checked the values.  DMC is back in business and selling and restoring cars, maybe call them to see if there is any interest also.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
2/15/19 5:51 a.m.
dculberson said:

I've always wanted a Delorean. I think they've increased in value considerably lately. I'm unlikely to be able to offer enough.

Perhaps we could buy it on a credit card, time travel to the past, wager on some sporting contests, and then travel back to the, well, future, where we'll have enough money to cover the credit card bill.  

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
2/15/19 7:11 a.m.

I’m not into horse trading but do you think selling a nice clean fox mustang would cover the entry fee into DMC ownership.  

Danny Shields
2/15/19 7:44 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

No, it might get you into any of the other vehicles, but the Delorean won't be going for Fox Mustang money.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/15/19 7:46 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Challenge Bricklin?  Parking lot build Bricklin?

My thoughts exactly - because fiberglass.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/15/19 8:37 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
dculberson said:

I've always wanted a Delorean. I think they've increased in value considerably lately. I'm unlikely to be able to offer enough.

Perhaps we could buy it on a credit card, time travel to the past, wager on some sporting contests, and then travel back to the, well, future, where we'll have enough money to cover the credit card bill.  

There is absolutely no way that 6th round draft pick backup quarterback is going to win 6 superbowls. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/15/19 10:33 a.m.

Danny thank you for answering the questions.  If I had not mentioned it, Danny is in charge of the sale of my stuff.  Talking to him is the same as talking to me.  I will gladly answer questions though since I know the cars.  

Danny Shields
2/15/19 12:51 p.m.

In reply to spin_out :

Can you provide more details on the MR2 for MR. Joshua?  I don't know much about that one except I think it was almost sold here a few times.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/15/19 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Danny Shields :

The first car I ever rode in was my mom's 68 Fairlane convertible.  (came home from the hospital in it)  If this was a 68, and a vert, I'd have to buy it!   It would be nice to have good old Freida the Ford back home again!  

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/15/19 10:14 p.m.

Much want, and little means. That and the possibility of starting a new job with 12 hour shifts means I won't have near the free time I want. That daytona, and the 84 omni are calling to me.  Especially the Daytona. I've had a thing for white lately...

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/19 4:09 a.m.

Oh. Berk.

I live in Riverview and I have that weekend off of work.

I need another project car like I need a hole in my head.

But that SVO surprise

I mean, I can show up and not buy anything, right? Haha

Danny Shields
2/16/19 5:37 a.m.
Joe Gearin said:

The first car I ever rode in was my mom's 68 Fairlane convertible.  (came home from the hospital in it)  If this was a 68, and a vert, I'd have to buy it!   It would be nice to have good old Freida the Ford back home again!  

My '68 Fairlane was a wagon. I used to tow my first dirt track car with it, and it would stand out among all the trucks at the track. I always thought the 1967 had the best lines though.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/16/19 5:47 a.m.
Danny Shields said:

In reply to spin_out :

Can you provide more details on the MR2 for MR. Joshua?  I don't know much about that one except I think it was almost sold here a few times.

Josh - Let me know if you need to borrow my trailer.

Danny Shields
2/16/19 5:58 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Mark has done most of the hard work on the SVO, properly cutting and weld-repairing the rusty spots. Now it is about ready to be painted and put back together.  He even has the paint. I mean, nobody NEEDS a project car, but this one could be something special. 

And yes, you are welcome to come by on sale day and hang out. wink

Mr. Lee
2/16/19 8:46 a.m.
dyintorace said:
Danny Shields said:

In reply to spin_out :

Josh - Let me know if you need to borrow my trailer.

If need be we can rent a dolly and store it at my place here till one of us can transport it up there.  I'm literally 20 min out of Valrico.

stanger_missle
2/16/19 9:22 a.m.

I'd love to drop by and meet you guys. I just moved back here (lived in Tampa from 2010 until 2014) but all of my car buddies are gone (all active duty military) and nobody at work is anything close to an enthusiast sad.

I don't NEED a project car but my garage is completely empty. Hmmm...

stanger_missle
2/16/19 9:23 a.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

I didn't realize there were so many members in the Tampa area! That could be good or bad, depending how you look at it cheeky.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/19 9:29 a.m.

I used to live in Riverview and then Lithia. The FL in my screen name. Small world. GLWCGGS

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
2/16/19 11:20 a.m.

The MR2 ran, but poorly when I parked it.  I have not had a a good look at it in years.   People seem to want the clear piece above the rear window that says "Toyota".  Like Danny mentioned price would vary with wheels.  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/16/19 12:14 p.m.

In reply to spin_out :

I would want the whole thing (including clear piece) with spares to make challenge math work. How many spares depends on how much $ of course.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
2/16/19 5:54 p.m.

This seems like a great sale for Barn Finds to cover, for free advertising.

Mr. Lee
2/16/19 10:16 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

In reply to Mr. Lee :

I didn't realize there were so many members in the Tampa area! That could be good or bad, depending how you look at it cheeky.

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize how many of us there are around here. This could be dangerous for my marriage. cheeky

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ickAvt4XNmDtvsIJBhBopxWQeXTcwugWHRLjSwYdMsC9XbSgybLm69TEVm53CPk7