1 2 3 4 5
CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/25/19 4:55 p.m.

Ha! I found that Bricklin on CL this AM. 

That thing has challenge glory written all over it. 

Enough weird/custom parts and trim pieces to lower initial acquisition cost, and the cool factor is through the roof.  

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/25/19 8:53 p.m.
Fladiver64 said:

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

If you guys want me to go over and take a look, I could make the time. Might even be able to come up with some outside storage if you need it.

Oh don't say that!

mattglas
mattglas
3/1/19 4:18 p.m.

Have there been any offers on the Delorean? Is there a number I can call to ask some questions?

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/1/19 4:28 p.m.

There have been inquiries about the Delorean, but we haven't really been able to get it out and evaluate it enough to put a price on it.  We need to see what it needs and how it cleans up after its hibernation. You can PM me through the forum.

Danny Shields
3/1/19 4:31 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Challenge Bricklin?  Parking lot build Bricklin?

I just want to say I will be really disappointed if none of you guys show up to buy the Bricklin tomorrow! devil

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/1/19 6:15 p.m.

Is there an award/discount for longest drive?  I think we'll be around 2500 miles. 

mattglas
mattglas New Reader
3/1/19 7:31 p.m.

For some reason I can't send a PM, it says I need to be approved by an admin. Could I just give you my email?

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/3/19 3:48 p.m.

What cars are left after the sale this weekend?

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/3/19 6:08 p.m.

When I left the Daytona had a lowball offer on it. Not sure if it was taken or not.  The delorean, the fairlane, a merkur, late fiero, maybe a few others. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/19 7:32 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the Mercury Zephyr, Avanti, Delorean, Studebaker Hawk, TR8, and Daytona IROC were still available but Dan should have the final word.

Danny Shields
3/3/19 8:04 p.m.

We had a great garage sale day and I want to thank everyone who helped, and all who came and bought something! Still available are the Avanti, Triumph TR8 convertible, Dodge Daytona IROC R/T,  the Merkur XR4ti with all the performance parts, the 1986 Mustang SVO, the 1998 Boxster, and, yes, the Fox-body 1979 Mercury Zephyr without engine/transmission.  The Delorean will be coming up for sale, but we need some time to assess it as it comes out of storage.

Robbie
3/4/19 10:36 a.m.
Danny Shields said:

We had a great garage sale day and I want to thank everyone who helped, and all who came and bought something! Still available are the Avanti, Triumph TR8 convertible, Dodge Daytona IROC R/T,  the Merkur XR4ti with all the performance parts, the 1986 Mustang SVO, the 1998 Boxster, and, yes, the Fox-body 1979 Mercury Zephyr without engine/transmission.  The Delorean will be coming up for sale, but we need some time to assess it as it comes out of storage.

more info on boxster please! did I miss it earlier in the thread?

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/4/19 8:07 p.m.

The IROC R/T is sold on paper. 

I’m sure Danny will get back to you with a link to the Boxster ad.   He spent 11 hours at my house today working with car pickups.  I’m sure he’s exhausted. 

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
3/4/19 9:21 p.m.

So the 1988 Mono white XR4Ti is still available?

Danny Shields
3/5/19 5:48 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Here is the Boxster ad.

Sweet Boxster

Danny Shields
3/5/19 5:51 a.m.

In reply to Sil80redtop :

Yes. It doesn't really look mono to me, but it it has a small fortune in trick parts.

Rapido XR4ti

Robbie
3/5/19 8:11 a.m.
Danny Shields said:

In reply to Robbie :

Here is the Boxster ad.

Sweet Boxster

that is a sweet boxster!

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/5/19 9:09 a.m.

It was a mono white XR.  I have better hoods in the house plus a few other parts like crank window doors, two 17” rims, Gillis boost valve, trick rear brake pads, and a mass air. 

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/5/19 3:46 p.m.
Danny Shields said:

In reply to Robbie :

Here is the Boxster ad.

Sweet Boxster

Oh dear lord, I don't need this, I don't need this, I don't need this.  Why hasn't it sold yet?

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
3/5/19 5:21 p.m.

Mercury Zephyr? first time you mention it is on this(4th) page. is there pics? is it 2 or 4 door? if its solid I may be interested but wont be able to get it until I move to JAX at the end of April  

Danny Shields
3/5/19 7:23 p.m.
glueguy said:
Danny Shields said:

In reply to Robbie :

Here is the Boxster ad.

Sweet Boxster

Oh dear lord, I don't need this, I don't need this, I don't need this.  Why hasn't it sold yet?

I don't know, the car looks good, drives great. It's a PORSCHE BOXSTER. Best car in the whole collection if you ask me. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/5/19 7:36 p.m.

It’s a ‘79 Canadian Mercury Zephyr two door coupe. Stickers in French under the hood.  I liked that the Mercury looks a little different than the Fairmont  

The back of the rear fenders have body filler but you have to feel for it. There is a rust spot near the windshield that may be fixable with some ospho and caulk. 

I started bodywork to make it a challenge car by welding up small rust holes and trim holes.  I also recessed the front bumper and removed the side impact metal from the driver door. 

We planned to move over Fox Body goodies and call her the Z-Fear. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/5/19 7:38 p.m.

Oh Danny might have Zephyr photos but it was a late addition to the sale. 

Danny Shields
3/5/19 7:47 p.m.
echoechoecho said:

Mercury Zephyr? first time you mention it is on this(4th) page. is there pics? is it 2 or 4 door? if its solid I may be interested but wont be able to get it until I move to JAX at the end of April  

It is a 1979 Mercury Zephyr 2-door. Yes, let us pause to remember Mercury. Looks pretty good from the right side, kind of shabby from the left due to some missing trim and spotty paint. A Zephyr is a boxy Fox body, of course, Mercury's lesser-known version of the Ford Fairmont. I don't have photos. Tod and Mark from Cobra Kai Speed Shoppe were going to give it the mechanicals from a Mustang 5.0 for the $2000 Challenge. They sold off the inline Six engine and transmission, but plans change and now the " Z-Fear" needs a new home. Only $600.

See separate thread for this car.

Danny Shields
3/17/19 5:07 a.m.

And...the Boxster has gone to a good GRMer home in the Tampa Bay Area.  

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c9nOhu09Z3VPdnBUHyqs2JfnvWb3AUl7xKhcFbXDz9RZUf33sLQI1yMHuWzK3xYb