Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/8/24 4:04 p.m.

In need of a Maserati Biturbo? Live in/near Northern Kansas? Only have $1000 to spend?

Boy do I have the car for you: 1984 Maserati Biturbo, $1000, located in Marysville, Kansas.

From the listing:

We’ve had the vehicle for 10 years plus, always meant to work on it. When it was bought there was fuel in the oil. We started an engine tear down, worked on it for awhile, then we stashed the project and it’s been sitting ever since. Vehicle has some surface rust, missing emblems are inside the car. We think the vehicle has 107,000 miles. Would make a great Parts car or for the dedicated mechanic could be a fun little car to fix up. Pm for more details and photos

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/8/24 4:11 p.m.

Italian exotic for only a grand?

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/8/24 4:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Is it bad that reading that out loud made me shutter a little bit?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
10/8/24 5:00 p.m.

That guy works at a salvage yard, Smitty's, which is about 15 miles from where I grew up.  They had a non-running BiTurbo back in the 90's that they were weird about; it was mentioned to me but they wouldn't let people look at it unless they had "cash in hand to buy it".  I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same car.  They're.... okay to deal with.  My dad took a project car of mine to them to scrap so I'd admit to biased but I would suggest caution as anyone should in this sort of situation.

wae
wae UltimaDork
10/8/24 5:13 p.m.
Colin Wood said:
David S. Wallens said:

Is it bad that reading that out loud made me shutter a little bit?

It can be done!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oP7eRq8jrRku3roW6p9162B8STh68Bsi62ZW8MOYikMRTkxWTTrTBkHY9Nd6j3SX