SV reX MegaDork
10/19/23 8:36 p.m.

It's a stretch Cobra. 

"The only thing that would make a Cobra better is if we made it 2' longer!"

- No one

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/19/23 8:37 p.m.

I don't hate it, but I wouldn't call it a Cobra. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/20/23 9:23 a.m.

I don't hate it either.  There are way worse things you can do with an old defunct Vette.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/23 9:29 a.m.

Actually, the C4 is a nice base for a Cobra build. The "frame" is easily shortened to whatever wheelbase is needed(within reason) once you get it stripped down that far. Shorten the rails, PPF and driveshaft is all that needs to be done. That might be a very condensed version of what's needed, but the C4 would work in a lot of kit car rebody projects.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/20/23 2:41 p.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

I don't think that car is shortened at all

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/23 2:46 p.m.

90% of people wouldn't know that the wheelbase is way off. Maybe more than 90 but I was trying to be nice. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
10/20/23 2:47 p.m.

is the C4 Vin number on the chassis  or the firewall or ?

I know early Vettes had one of the Vins under the fiberglass !

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/23 2:56 p.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Actually, the C4 is a nice base for a Cobra build. The "frame" is easily shortened to whatever wheelbase is needed(within reason) once you get it stripped down that far. Shorten the rails, PPF and driveshaft is all that needs to be done. That might be a very condensed version of what's needed, but the C4 would work in a lot of kit car rebody projects.

I'm imagining a 40s-50s pickup cab mounted on there with a shallow, shortened bed...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/23 3:01 p.m.

I don't see $7400 there. I do like the idea, but there are multiple spots that show such poor execution (how does one fill the brake reservoirs for example) that make me cringe at what's hiding below. This is textbook "the hard part is already done" and 90% of the project is left to go. 

LionPride
LionPride Reader
10/20/23 5:16 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

With you 100%.  

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/23 9:20 p.m.

I haven't been looking very hard but to find an example project this far along seems to usually cost a lot more. Im not really a collector car kinda guy and woulda done it and streeted it all the time if I could have

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t077CnYa6k4fyVDSGxBUC5vuYahYQIQi1RNgZegNi0j7x7HuYPcykRPeaq2AF8wb