nickallain
nickallain New Reader
8/20/24 3:10 p.m.

I completed this build in 2018 and have done a few track days/autoX events with it, but mainly road rallies around the better roads in California. 

• Based on a 2005 Miata
  • 1.8L VVT, naturally aspirated but a good base for a turbo
  • Currently ~145hp, ~1500lbs curb weight
  • About 100k on the motor, driven less than 10k miles since completion
  • Torsen differential
  • Speed Circuit Aluminum Fenders (Stock fiberglass fenders on these cars are garbage)
  • 10 gallon fuel cell, in-tank pump, external fuel pressure regulator
  • NB 5-speed
  • RT-660 tires with lots of life left.
  • Timing belt done in 2018.
  • Minor issue with the wiring of the gas gauge but I have too many projects to solve it. 
  • Custom exhaust is loud but not too bad (sounds good according to people I trust) and the pipe goes way out the back so you don't have to suck your own fumes
  • Windshield is half inch lexan - enough to take a seagull, maybe a small turkey. 
  • Smog Exempt in California - this car went through the SB100 process in California and we've confirmed with them that the exemption is still valid. Car is currently in Carson City, NV near Lake Tahoe.

I had it up for $18k but reduced it to $17k. In terms of trades, I need to upgrade my daily (or my wife's daily) so:
For Me: JL Wranger, Recent-ish Land Rover, BMW 2-series/3-series/4-series, something made in the last 10 years that's a bit luxury and bit fun that can do Tahoe winters.
For Her: Automatic, Carplay // GTI, Mazda3, CX-5/50, you know - FWD/AWD CUV stuff and small hatches
I could put a little cash on top or take a little cash if <17k in value. 

Text: 7 seven four - nine two two - two eight nine four.

Facebook if you prefer.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/21/24 9:20 a.m.

I certainly don't need it (though the want is strong), I can offer your listing a bump since an Exocet seems like an absolute blast to drive.

nickallain
nickallain New Reader
8/21/24 4:11 p.m.

Thanks Colin!

For anyone wondering about the driving experience, here's some on-board:

https://youtu.be/Wq1CxWK6ZJA

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9wq8srKDpWa2WVmGR72gt7pGt6oxIKHOmJDk2h7X55FLn1qd0wxlFf9EEvWZEIjh