914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/23/19 9:04 a.m.

NMNA - - Never seen one before.  Pulleeeeze don't break the glass.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/23/19 9:08 a.m.

Looks like a lot of work.  Maybe ready in time for the 200,000 challenge, if humanity still exists then.  GRM will certainly exist, nt sure about humans to read it though.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/23/19 10:00 a.m.

It sounds like the asking price is quite reasonable, considering the mold for the body was made from a real Barris car.  After a bit of Google-work, I found this info about the Butts replicas.

It would appear this kit has been for sale for awhile

Looks like you are totally on your own as far as coming up with a chassis, running gear and interior.

BigLou
BigLou New Reader
4/24/19 12:04 p.m.

Maybe there needs to be a Batman challenge with different versions of the Bat Mobile.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/24/19 1:06 p.m.

Gotham garage on Netflix did one, lots of information in that episode on the butts replicas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01zeqMbDl8

Lincoln Futura is what you are looking for.  its the concept car that was later turned into the batmobile

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
4/24/19 1:47 p.m.

I need to know the wheelbase. For reasons.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
4/24/19 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Yup.  I would rather have it as a Futura, TBH.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/24/19 4:28 p.m.

Florida man....

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/24/19 4:45 p.m.
BigLou said:

Maybe there needs to be a Batman challenge with different versions of the Bat Mobile.

Mine is MIA.  After removing the engine and some good stuff, I donated it to a local VW shop.  They were going to put it on their roof as a  Come On.  It just disappeared a few years ago.  Luckily (or not) I am full of ideas!

BigLou
BigLou New Reader
4/24/19 8:53 p.m.
914Driver said:
BigLou said:

Mine is MIA.  After removing the engine and some good stuff, I donated it to a local VW shop.  They were going to put it on their roof as a  Come On.  It just disappeared a few years ago.  Luckily (or not) I am full of ideas!

Very cool! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MTf0QZe0JMIhpAElb4L7NcdnH2fqU4Qc46nYg03Hggl9mYwxDFFcSTsUHq1aeGDP