Boris3
Boris3 New Reader
1/3/24 12:52 p.m.

Selling my 1991 318is coupe, faded Brillantrot, slicktop (no sun roof), 5-speed, 4.10 LSD, Red46 skid plate, Stromung catback, sport seats, ellipsoids, new RT45s on weaves, and more. I am the seventh owner and have owned the car since 2012 as a fun four-season daily, and to scratch the e30 itch while the racecar was in off-season hibernation/storage. Estimated mileage at 275k, the odo gears broke at around 235k early on and new gears didn't fix it. This is an old car that has lived its entire live in IL and WI so far from perfect. Original M42 engine runs and pulls well but has some timing chain noise. Tensioner along with gears, guides, and chain replacement last done by a local Indy shop in 2014. Some rust issues including frame rails than run under the floor pans, side trunk wells, transmission support brace body slots, floor pan spots, and passenger fender. I have repaired some of this over the years but more functional than pretty. 

Plan was to drive the car for one more winter season and then move on to a newer daily. But on 12/24 after driving on some rough MKE streets I discovered that the passenger motor mount connection area on the front subframe had cracked. Passenger motor mount is resting on the steering rack. Radiator is fine but the the cooling fan is rubbing on the fan shroud. Engine noise/vibration is up which with the motor mount subframe tab issue is not a surprise. Car runs and drives but is not safely drivable in this condition beyond loading it on a trailer. Needs a new front subframe at a minimum and beyond that depends what the buyer wants to do.  

Selling the car ‘as is’ for $2,500 obo. Will not part out and no trades. Located in New Berlin, WI. 

Car is listed on FB with pretty much the same description. Marketplace - 1991 BMW 318is | Facebook

The more detailed listing with information and additional pictures is here.  FS: 1991 318is Coupe, 5-speed, 4.10 LSD, slick top, and more for project car or parts - Cars For Sale & Wanted - WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Take a look and if interested / any questions contact me for more details.

Thanks! 

Boris3
Boris3 New Reader
1/4/24 3:22 p.m.

Car is SOLD

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NYXkoCXoJhepJLG6phuUqaMOuxJMctRjeoORDB74KCu3q9kdGFyTO076XpkIJsLs