Steve
Steve Reader
9/27/23 2:51 p.m.

Posted up previously and decided to keep it, drove a few other options recently and after my second kiddo was born (5 weeks old!) learning that maybe I don't need a bright red 15 psi land missile to commute in every day.

Ask me any questions ya got! 

Text from ad:

Around 160k miles, a well kept and well sorted example of a MS3. Drivetrain is entirely stock, which is the best way to buy one of these things. Lots of nice features hiding under the rest of the car however:

Koni FSD shocks/struts with OEM MS3 springs (firm, but not harsh ride)
Corksport rear sway bar
Kosei K1 TS wheels, 17x7, brand new tires on front
Hawk brake pads
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
Ford Focus Hybrid solid rear motor mount
Polyurethane sway bar mount bushings and new sway bar end links
New rear trailing arm bushings
Brand new rear shock mounts
TWM short shifter (the unicorn) + shifter extension for a much more reasonable shifting position if you’re an old guy like me
Cobb AP, stage 1 OTS tune loaded
Exhaust has both resonators removed, with a Vibrant ultra quiet in the place of one, and the OEM muffler still in place
Weathertech floor mats and all weather hatch mat
Newer AC compressor
Tribodyn transmission fluid
Lots of maintenance in the past 6 months: plugs, air filter, oil change, etc.
Trailer hitch for bike rack
Mud flaps for that rally vibe (and because they were missing when I bought it)
Sound deadening added in doors/hatch, and hatch floor, quieter than your average MS3

Adult owned, not driven hard into boost very often, but sometimes ya just gotta do it.

Cruise control, automatic climate control, radio, windows, all work. This is my daily commuter and the ride is acceptable for how well it handles. If you are looking for a tight, quick, well connected car that can also handle daily driver duties, this is your huckleberry. It’s never going to fly under the radar with the red paint, but it still has the shape of an economy hatchback and does all of the hatchback things (I haul my kid, his bike, and my bike to Galbraith) while also having a limited slip differential inside of the 6 speed gearbox and pushing 15 psi. It’ll hustle if you want it to, but also sit in traffic and take your kid to school if you need to do that too (latch anchors, side airbags, ABS, stability control). Not shown but included: OEM cargo area cover, second set of shift cables, no name large diameter MAF housing and intake

Only trades would be for a Subaru wagon, an E39 sedan/wagon, VW/Audi wagon, etc. I love this car, but I need something with a little more trunk space and a bit larger back seat (just had a second kiddo).

Be respectful of my time and the car. We’re not getting together for a joyride, if you’re serious, then be serious and bring cash with you or be prepared to send a deposit over Venmo or Paypal.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
9/27/23 2:55 p.m.

Dang, that's a bargain for $6500

Wish you weren't 2000 miles away

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/27/23 5:53 p.m.
calteg said:

Dang, that's a bargain for $6500

Wish you weren't 2000 miles away

QFT!

GLWS!

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
9/28/23 9:55 a.m.

Any rust? I didn't see any in the pictures. Do you have the wiring to hook up a trailer? 1 1/4 hitch?

Steve
Steve Reader
9/28/23 1:04 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

None, it's a PNW car all of it's life, so no salt. 

I did not install wiring for the hitch as it was bike rack use only. It is a 1.25", yep!

I also wanted to add, it has compression numbers ~180PSI across the board, I can provide pictures of the test if needed as well. 

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
9/28/23 2:21 p.m.
trigun7469 said:

Do you have the wiring to hook up a trailer? 1 1/4 hitch?

Check your local laws (and personally preference also plays a part), but at least here in NC you don't need lights on most trailers that are small/light enough to be pulled by a car (https://trailers.com/state-laws/north-carolina.php). 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/23 2:46 p.m.

Great Looking car. If this was last year at this time, I'd be booking a trip. I'm sure it will sell quick at that price. 

Steve
Steve Reader
10/4/23 10:08 a.m.

Pending local sale

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z0SDRw8nlTM1LBoFrZXIy3kESlSUtvbcJMZX6jw8yERHYDnnxGpWPznDGe7Wh18l