1 2 3
03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/14/21 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I did get the FL 50 sold... we lost a ton of money on it during the 10 years and only 40K miles we owned it. But we DD'd the thing for a coulple years of that, and had a ball with it.

We've had this coach about 4 years, but only made 4 trips with it. They were great trips, and loved it.  We really were hoping for many more fun times with it. It is a great coach, just deserves to be with someone that can afford the 6 mpg! I no longer can, sadly, so we are looking for a good home for her!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/13/21 10:37 p.m.

I am bringing this back to the top, since I have a current need to sell it soon-ish. I can make someone a good deal on the coach and the enclosed trailer, or sell the trailer separate, but a sale on either would help me and my neighbor out.

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/14/21 5:48 p.m.

Awesome coach, GLWS. 

For CA would need a non-commercial B for anything over 26klbs, and air brake endorsement. And any trailer rated at 10k+ requires a Class A.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/14/21 6:53 p.m.

From the little I know about the states that require a non commercial - commercial license (I think TX calls it something silly like that) Its not really hard to get that. CA, well I couldn't say.

I will say that, although this rig, with AT, good steering, and good brakes, (it is air, but air brakes with self adjusting slack adjusters need no more upkeep than other brakes) does drive very well, some experience driving big stuff would be a HUGE recommendation! If someone thinks its to hard to get the legal endorsement, if required by their state, they might not have the right mindset to drive something this large safely. It does weigh 40.000 lbs empty. And has the turning radius of a ... well, 46' long rig with no pivot! A little planing ahead (OK, a lot) is required.

I do keep my Class A CDL current, even though I hope I never drive OTR again, and I don't actually need it to drive a big RV. I could easily have ended up passin' through a state were a overzealous cop didn't understand that I didn't need one to drive through "his" state, back when I still traveled all the time.

And any trailer rated at 10k+ requires a Class A

That might be why this trailer, although built strong enough, came with what I consider under rated tires. Loaded to the gills (with better tires) we had it just under 12K, but it would be easy for a normal person with a normal sized car to stay well under 10K.

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/14/21 8:56 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

It's very common in CA for a trailer with two 7k axles, to be derated to 9,990lbs by sticker/registration only. I think there is an RV clause that allows 5th wheels and horsetrailers up to 15k on a Class C. I'm CDLA too, and not familiar with the non-commercial, I would guess it's similar, but without the DOT physical? I would guess that most of the forum members wouldn't have much trouble upgrading their license, assuming they passed their C retest.

Irregardless, looks like a beautiful rig and you've still got another 40klbs for toys!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/14/21 10:21 p.m.

In reply to thashane :

One of the ones that was high on our list while looking, had a 8' garage in the back, with a lift gate! The bed/bath was laid out poorly, or SHMBO would have gotton that one.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
8/30/21 12:04 a.m.

For frenchyd 

I bought it from http://racingrvs.com

in OH and drove it home to Lower Alabam'.  One trip to my folks S of Richmond VA. Left VA for NE for a job, and back to AL by way of Branson MO. One more trip to VA and a trip Up to KY and home. Never avoided any towns during all that, but all that allowed us to stay clear of any true city's; we tend to as much as possible anyway!

I would advise sticking to "truck route"... being a former driver and pilot, I know you can handle her. At 46 1/2 feet from front bumper to the tail of the wheel lift, it's a lot of straight truck. I tend to swing a bit too wide, trying not to run inside back wheels over curbs, signs etc. ; but traffic has never seemed to mind me backing a couple times to make a tight one! 

40 to 46 don't sound like a lot, but I'm assuming your bus is a flat nose... and I'd say 10-12 foot longer wheelbase !

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

This one has a bit of history of colorful characters as prior owners, and you'd fit right in! (Myself included). You could build a long open trailer for the Jag, and a runabout, and make all the races in style. At 5 to 6 mpg, might not be able to afford a lot, but...smiley

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
8/30/21 12:09 a.m.

At 350hp (Cat 3176 10L 6cyl) with an Allison 4 speed slush box, she doesn't leap out in front of traffic, but she runs great, and does not block traffic either. Steers effortlessly, and great brakes. Air, with modern slack adjusters. Much nicer ride than the old semis we both "got" to drive years back! Back up camera, and a good stereo. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/12/21 8:19 p.m.

To bump this back to the top, it's is still for sale, and I have not touched any of the minor things that need to be addressed before raising the price frown

I have been let go from the full time night shift maintenance position I had for a while. Despite no income,  I do not seem to know the right way to get assistance, like many seem to, so I am extremely negotiable at this point! 
I did get a decent short term contract, but that comes with zero benefits, and since we can no longer travel like we used to, things will likely get very thin. At least the house is paid for laugh

I am truly blessed to have things, even when the money gets tight! Selling this was supposed to go towards retirement, but I'm blessed to have it for wherever it needs to go!

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/12/21 8:48 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I see a lot of tow rigs changing hands on the Facebook racing forums. Might be an option. Also there is a truck conversion forum on irv2. You could join if you have not and poke around.  Good luck with the challenges and hopefully you find a new owner.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
11/12/21 8:52 p.m.

I forgot but what was the asking price for the enclosed? 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/12/21 9:20 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks. I have a lot of little things (prolly considered more than little to average folks) to fix before I get aggressive about advertising. Will likely take it back to OH to racingRVs.com on consignment, when I ever get it nice enough. 
the short term contract is a 4 10s job, so even with the hr commute each way, I have a three day weekend laugh

The lack of benefits is a bit painful, but the timing of everything else is actually quite good!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/12/21 9:24 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

$8k for the 26' Extra height V nose. Does need a bit of love, but lots of nice upgrades as well. 
You in DC yet, or still in TX? Either way, I could prolly meet part way for a viewing, after we get pretty serious. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/13/21 9:29 a.m.

This thing is amazing.  Way not what I need but kinda want it. So cool. 

this rv has a nicer newel post than my last house. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
11/13/21 1:46 p.m.

We are sad we had to stop traveling for work, right after getting this one! Have had to be realistic, and admit to ourselves, we will not be going back to that life. And at 6 mpg, we cannot afford to us this for long weekend mini vacations. Time to downsize. crying

it sure was an awesome rig, for the months we did use it. 
The entrance stairs and oak rails are fantastic. 

Cnc0329
Cnc0329 New Reader
6/18/24 5:05 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Is this still available?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
6/18/24 8:21 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Moving this along, even at a discount, would go a long way to alleviating some of the financial struggles you've recently posted about.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
8/6/24 11:34 a.m.

I'd strongly consider this if it was about $30k cheaper lol.

Do you still want 8k for the enclosed?

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/13/24 2:31 a.m.
yupididit said:

I'd strongly consider this if it was about $30k cheaper lol.

Reverence previous post laugh Or research Kingsley. If you find one fore sale, for less than $100-120K, the link will probably go back to my ad!

Do you still want 8k for the enclosed?

My wife, The Financial Manager, says yes; I'm , now that I ended u with a 9-10 mpg tow pig, hoping to make enough this fall, to put living quarters in the front, and a Honda insite in the back.  
Fall jobs begin to start in next few weeks... not one single recruiter has returned a call. They all got mad at me in the spring, because I wouldn't commit to the various offers 5 months in advance, cause it always changes. They swore it was set in stone. Every one of them.

wait for it...

They ALL changed!

As usual, I'll prob know what interstate, and what direction I'll be in, a few days before they want me there  

So, to be clear as mud, kinda yes, kinda no (it be hard for me to turn down, one of the guys that actually reads my questions, and is nice, polite and respectful to me. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
8/13/24 3:50 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I feel like it'll cost me about $100k-$120k after all said and done if bought at your asking price. No worries though, it's a toy and I don't NEED the expense lol. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/13/24 8:52 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Please, take a deep breath and go re-read my post.  I mean you no insult, & only want what's in your best interest.  Which I thought you wanted to sell this amazing Rig, which is why you made this for sale ad.

Sorry, was typing. I do believe you meant no offense. I also pointed out from the start that there is more you don't know. I can only assume, you did not read what I wrote. 
Anyone on here that has done business with me will tell you I'm very easy to deal with. But I do have anger mgmt. problems, and I 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/13/24 9:22 p.m.

I'm not known for being able to let things go well, or being told told the obvious. 
Someone on here (I forget who, but appreciate him!) pointed out that my arguing with Frenchy'D - although I was right, and F was wrong, was getting worse than the BS F was putting out! He was entirely correct, I thanked him for pointing it out, and stopped.

After a canoe resurfaced this sale ad, it was pointed out to me that "selling it, would help my finances"

A friend of mine would have responded with  "Oh! Thank you SO much! I would have NEVER have thought of that myself, and you just saved me!"

I don't know if that would have been nicer than my first post in reply, pointing out that there were other aspects involved. 
I do apologize for not being able to let go, after the second time. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/26/24 11:02 p.m.

Older big “rv”

Just add the rv part! 
Put another 20K into that, and while it won't be as nice as mine, you can build it the way ya like!

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
8/27/24 5:14 p.m.
03Panther said:

Older big “rv”

Just add the rv part! 
Put another 20K into that, and while it won't be as nice as mine, you can build it the way ya like!

How would you compare yours to this one

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/30/24 8:44 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

That's a great deal on one! If someone was truly interested in one, that would be the time to make the jump. 
That one started as the more refined Aero nose Kenworth... nicer truck, but doesn't have the old school Long Hood looks of the FLD Classic. 
The last time I drove OTR it was in a late '90s aero hood FLD. The owner had just replaced it with 2 newer FLD Classics.

With that C15, in front of the Allison 4 speed slush box, it'll step on out there, too!

Mine has the 3176 (10L); will cruse at 75 all day long, but a bit slower getting there cheeky

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ntcu5UlmDGM0LmkgpC7wHCURVquvA3hDks9aoZTwWr1go15tyicksOLt5HNr141r