landstuhltaylor
landstuhltaylor New Reader
9/10/20 8:01 p.m.

This seems like a very GRM rig. 1998 C2500HD Cheyenne that I bought 3 years ago as a tow rig at 162k miles. I've been using it to haul an open car trailer everywhere between Nebraska, New York, and Tennessee. About 15k of my 16k miles of ownership has been towing. It gets 11.5mpg whether you are doing 70mph or 80mph, and about 16 unloaded. It has earned it's nickname of The Cuck Truck and was the official sponsor of my 2018 ESP national championship.

350 Vortec, 4L80E, 3.73 gear, 8 lug hubs, 178k miles

New brake and fuel hard and soft lines

New front pads/calipers and rear drum hardware installed, with new Hawk rotors included with sale

Upgraded Bosch MPFI spider injector assembly

New fuel pump

Intake manifold gasket done by previous owner

Bilstein dampers

New E load tires last towing season

New front control arm bushings (except left front upper IRRC, it fought me) and sway bar links. New leaf bushings included but not installed

Hella headlights

New stock muffler

Trans drain/fill every year, filter change every other year

Curt Triflex brake controller, adjustable height 6k ball mount, and Weather Gaurd toolbox included in sale

It does have a hole in the driver floor that is (mostly) covered by a steel plate. It also needs the driver side door hinge replaced (parts included with sale) and because of that has a broken interior driver door arm rest. The air conditioning works though, and works as well as any GMT400.

Located in Columbus Ohio. Price is $2500 firm.

drock25too
drock25too GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/10/20 10:48 p.m.

I love this body style. And it even orange. But my wife say me looking and informed me that I already have a pickup, two Suburbans and a van. I showed her the pic of the trailer and car behind it and she said that's why she likes the van, she can sleep in the van. There's nowhere to sleep in this. But, it is cool. Good luck.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
9/11/20 5:21 a.m.

Cool truck.

A very kindred spirit to my own Gov't Mule. If I didn't already have mine, I'd considered yours. I suspected that like my own, yours is very good at doing legitimate truck-things.  Not "mall rated" and not a truck as a fashion accessory.  

landstuhltaylor
landstuhltaylor New Reader
9/11/20 6:52 a.m.

I have slept in this thing with the dog more times than I would like to admit, including the entire week of nationals in 2018. I didn't initially want an SUV but the Touareg TDI it's being replaced with should be a lot better for those cross-country backpacking trips with the dog for that reason.

And yes, it is extremely good at truck things. I have wanted it to die the last year or so as an excuse to upgrade. The best it was willing to give me was dropping the hardware in one of the rear drums at my exit. But with the compressed schedule I'm getting really sick of spending 4+ hours towing each way every other weekend in it. And I was half glad nationals got cancelled so I didn't have to spend another 27 hours in it.  I will miss the bed when I pick up an LS2/3 for the car, but it's time to move on.

I will add that it has never failed me on the road. Every part that was replaced gave me plenty of warning and I went a little overkill on replacement with those 850 mile tows in mind. Last thing I wanted was to be stranded in the middle of Iowa. And shockingly it doesn't burn a drop of oil.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uwWubVbuJCcp8cGsuPDRuSNpOGuerV4PjydXpddlXpjEs0nCoJ2KKQHCKnd7nMjo