JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
10/20/21 5:51 a.m.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

As you may remember from this thread here, I picked up a 1980 Fiesta earlier this year, saving it from potentially being scrapped.

After having it sit in my garage for almost 2 months without doing anything to it (there are still extra parts in the cab of my truck), and thinking about the amount of work, and what I'll even do with the car if/when it's done, I've decided that it would make more sense to pass it on to someone else, and free up some money and garage space. I've had some unexpected purchases lately, so the money would help.

Price is still the same $1995 it was originally offered for.

I can add new pictures later, but it's exactly as it was in the original thread. Tons of spare parts, including doors, interior parts, bumpers, and much more. Should run, but as I said, I haven't done anything with it, which includes hooking up the disconnected grounds and plugging the ECU back in. 

Don't worry, there is no chance of it being scrapped, it can take up space in my garage as long as it needs to, until someone buys it.

I do have a truck and trailer, and am willing to deliver it (and all the extra parts) anywhere within 5 hours of Waterford, MI (which is where the car is located) for the price of fuel, maybe anywhere up to 10 hours away with some kind of additional compensation.

Getting messages from this forum has been kind of hit-or-miss, so reply here if you've tried to message me. Or just email me directly at jshaw1990x, gmail account.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/20/21 6:51 a.m.

Price?

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
10/20/21 7:10 a.m.

Sorry, should have made that more clear. I'm selling it for $1995, same price it was offered for by the previous owner.

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/20/21 7:56 a.m.

In reply to JShaawbaru :

It looks like a lot of the original info in the first post on the old for sale thread got deleted. 

Is there a title? 

Are you open to any trades? 

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/20/21 9:26 a.m.

Sending a message now. If you don't get it, I'm at: dh318x at gmail dot com

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
10/20/21 9:51 a.m.

Clicks on profile for location...AAAAhhhg E36 M3 it's close.  

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
10/20/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Somebeach (Forum Supporter) :

It has a clean Maryland title in the previous owner's name. 

I do see now that all the info other than the pictures was deleted from the original post. So if there is any info you need, let me know and I'll do what I can to provide it. There is a link to the build thread in the old sale thread, and that link should have more info than I do.

No trades though, I'm already over my 5-car maximum, so being tempted with other cars probably isn't a good idea laugh

captainawesome - I didn't get your message, but i'll send an email ASAP

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/20/21 12:22 p.m.

In reply to JShaawbaru :

Email receieved and a message sent back.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
10/20/21 3:49 p.m.

SOLD! If things fall through for some reason, I'll update.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/21 4:57 p.m.

This needs a new build thread on here!

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/20/21 5:30 p.m.

Hopefully after I get it home I can start off where work was paused. I'm doubtful I can get it to stay in challenge budget but would be neat if I could.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
12/13/21 5:00 p.m.

Okie dokie.

I'll probably post up a new thread soon but this one is back up for sale. I had grand plans of using this for GRM Challenge 2022 and while that's still a possibility I have too much on my plate. I went from having no projects, to filling up all of my space and time in short order. I don't know if this is a top 5 car for the Challenge, but with some elbow grease could do really well.

With that said if you are interested and are able to pick it up in Arkansas I will give you a better deal than what I paid. The car kinda started on GRM and I'd like to see it finished here too even if that means it doesn't compete at the Challenge.

So email me at dh318x at gmail dot com and see if we can work out a deal.

Edit:

Would also consider a trade on a car hauler. Might be able to throw some cash it as well.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/13/21 7:53 p.m.

OMG this has the potential to be a wicked daily.  Lots of good panel work and the drivetrain is true to form for an enthusiast beast.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/21 9:25 a.m.

Glad I missed this twice because I don't need another project. I don't need another project. I don't need another project.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
12/14/21 10:23 a.m.

If anybody buys it and needs anymore info... feel free to reach out (I'm the original builder.)  Would really love to see this finished. Might have to buy it back, lol. The US spec parts and XR2 steel wheels alone worth are close to the asking price! 

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/14/21 12:10 p.m.

Message sent.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
12/14/21 12:31 p.m.

Captainawesome has it now, I'm sure he will have plenty of questions once he starts working on it. 

Oops, I just came back to this and saw the post where he put it up for sale again, it doesn't matter now, but I'm editing this anyway.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
12/14/21 1:50 p.m.

Got buyer lined up so we will consider it sold for now. Even better I think it's future is the Challenge.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qZ8SKKwNfAQky6A8mLVmsRGQCCOUzHPYwXb2DCFwA1dqElRnYmZrdvcDFJ59OXuR