Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/8/22 4:29 p.m.

Remember when the 914 was a Porsche pariah? Those days seem to have passed if the current market is anything to go by.

Billed as being well-maintained and preserved, this 1975 Porsche 914 features its factory-correct Nepal Orange paint job over an original interior.

A Porsche Production Specification detailing how the Porsche was optioned from new is included in the sale. The seller does note that a previous owner installed 2.0 emblems in place of the 1.8 emblems placed by the factory.

Find this 1975 Porsche 914 for sale from Legendary Motorcar Company for $39,900.

johnorm
johnorm New Reader
9/9/22 8:20 p.m.

I respectully would take exception to the term "well preserved". The factory fuel injection system has been replaced by carbs, it has a more modern radio/stereo, the factory 4 bolt Fuchs have been replaced by 911 5 bolt Fuchs which may include 911 suspension components, the sail panel vinyl trim has been removed and it would appear to be newer paint. That all said it looks like a very well presented 914 restomod but it's far from a well preserved original.

ralittle2
ralittle2 New Reader
9/11/22 2:04 p.m.

In reply to johnorm :

Are those seats original spec upholstery?  Looks like crushed velour on the insert portion.

carloshermida
carloshermida New Reader
9/12/22 2:44 p.m.

"Fake " 914

I had one that kept stalling on my in the Turnpike

The computer board would overheat , and turnoff the running fuel pump (ope the circuit )

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gY6Z1GnyRC5Z7t7uUbx02OTQGvDSppjAZN0cReuaifKaQlXbZEMsEwALFEmXM3aL