Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
1/24/13 4:17 p.m.

Despite living north central/northeast Florida for over 15 years, I have never attended the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Finally, I will be able to attend this year.

I will be there on Saturday. When looking at the calendar, I cannot tell for sure whether the cars will be on display every day, or just on certain days. Can anyone here chime in?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/24/13 6:40 p.m.

Hi Mitchell,

Cars are on the show field Sunday only. That said, Saturday has a lot for a car guy to enjoy, including a panel discussion (these are usually pretty cool, and well worth the ticket price), auctions, and manufacturer test drives. Check out the detailed schedule here.

Margie

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
1/24/13 9:47 p.m.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I am back to work on Sunday; Saturday will be the last day of my vacation. Would there be anything of interest for a twelve year-old? Even if the main event is on Sunday, are there still a fair amount of nice cars to check out on the other days?

Do they have any requirements for test drives? I definitely look on the young side of my twenty-five years. To take my little brother for a ride in a Porsche, his favorite car, would make the day completely worth the price of admission.

Rhodyspit75
Rhodyspit75 New Reader
1/25/13 6:51 p.m.

There is plenty to see at the Ritz on Saturday. I was there two years ago and there was a tent and big auction preview area. These are not necessarily the cars showing on Sunday but mostly auction cars. Still a great show in itself. Don't be afraid to walk around, while you can't get into the auction without paying, there are still cars everywhere. I found a load of beautiful cars in the staging area before going into the auction. There is an open parking garage loaded with cars. Unfortunately I tried to get reservations this year and was not able to find anything that I could cancel if needed. Family health issues dictate that I can not be sure I can always go sometimes.

kvendley
kvendley
4/8/13 4:40 p.m.

Hey there Mitchell I just came out with my new DVD of the Event if you did not go check it out i cover everything...

Video Link: http://youtu.be/kFwNFdtu5l8

It's here now here 2013 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance held at the The Ritz-Carlton amelia Island by Ken Vendley Productions.

Ebay Item: 271181110052 or Search: kvendley1 on ebay for all are Items The official opening of the Concours season in sunny Florida. The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance continues in its 18th year pleasing the many that come for it all. Bill Warner, creator of this all inclusive car extravaganza, will bring to this Field of Dreams race driver, artist, and writer Sam Posey as the show's traditional honored guest of honor.Featured themes are the cars of Harry Miller, the Ford GT40, and Corvette at 50 years, the Porsche 911, and many more, all leading to a grand Concours.

Enjoy. Ken Vendley Ebay Item: 271181110052

Nice video chck out mine on You Tube by searching kvendley1 or 2013 AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS DVD Ebay Item: 271181110052

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BbGtiastOGDnmEvqxqPbN2d22m9jfTxVkZ2SUj0sHvfjK4TDdFgBzyvSMEurBRgW