Gary
Gary Reader
3/8/11 11:52 a.m.

I recently took a break from the New England winter and went to South Florida for a few days. On Sunday Feb. 27 I went to the Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance at the Boca Raton Resort and Hotel (not a shabby place). This event is about 5 years old and while it may not have the status of Pebble Beach, Amelia, or Villa d'Este, the location, quality of show vehicles, and organization is pretty good (although they did run out of food). Also, the weather was perfect: sunny and in the mid-80s, which I greatly appreciated having come from way up north. And Publisher Tim's best bud was a guest judge for the event. Here are a few of the ones that caught my eye:

Gary
Gary Reader
3/8/11 12:13 p.m.

Incidentally the event theme this year was the 100th birthday of the Indy 500, so a number of people and past Indy-winning cars were there for that. I didn't see Roger Penske or Rick Mears who were supposed to be there somewhere, but I did see these guys:

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
3/9/11 8:22 a.m.

Seeing pictures like this is a great warmup for the Amelia Island concours.

We've got a gang our staff members going up this weekend. Anybody else going?

Rhodyspit75
Rhodyspit75 New Reader
3/9/11 9:50 a.m.

Leaving cold RI in the morning. We are staying at the Amelia Island Plantation. Have dinner reservations at Beech St Grill tomorrow night. I will stop by the CMS booth on Sunday.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/9/11 10:01 a.m.

Great! See you there!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/10/11 9:59 a.m.

I wouldn't say best bud, but I did talk to Jay Leno about the event and sadly, I couldn't make it. I did spend an afternoon with him at his shop earlier this year and have a fun story planned for later this year on some of his amazing shop equipment.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gUFvFezXsU47PtxrDjwnJK9p3nJJwsTf6xQ1imjjapZNHXfSze0kALanQwT3BdhS