stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
7/16/10 9:49 p.m.

For those of you in the Boston area, there is a HUGE cruise night that happens at the Bass Pro Shop down in Foxborough, right next to Gillette Stadium.

How huge? The claims of 2000 cars do not seem like much of an exaggeration, if any at all. On alternate Thursday night, no less. I’ve posted a few pictures at:

http://www.pbase.com/sb_photos/basscruise

There’s a little bit of everything there. Street rods, lead sleds, antiques, rat rods, customs, trucks, a zillion bikes, and yes, some, but not enough, of the sporty fun types of cars we favor. My Tiger makes occasional appearances, and there was even a second Tiger there one time.

Organized by Mass Cruisers, the event runs on alternate Thursday nights through the summer. Check their schedule at: http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/masscruisers/ Check carefully, since the schedule gets a bit irregular in August to work around the Patriots Thursday night games.

So come on down! (Boston area folks will the joke, though he has nothing to do with it)

Stu

Gary
Gary Reader
7/19/10 7:05 a.m.

"Come on down!"

... and actually, Ernie B. Jr.'s dealerships aren't too far from the cruise-in.

Rhodyspit75
Rhodyspit75 New Reader
7/30/10 7:30 a.m.

You gotta be kidding! I went last night. I've seen cruise nights but nothing like this. It was like Jolly Charlies, Rattys and the Pink Elephant rolled into one and multiplied by ten. Among the throngs of cars I found 2 spitfires. a TR3 a big Healey and a Metropolitan with a 4 cyl Ford under the hood. Whatever flavor of cars you like there is something for everyone. I got there around 5:30 and the place was packed. When I left at 7:30 the cars were still rolling in.

Gary
Gary Reader
8/2/10 7:04 a.m.

Pretty much what Ernie B. Jr. says:

"Everything you're looking for!"

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
8/2/10 7:18 a.m.

TVR?

stu67tiger
stu67tiger Reader
8/2/10 7:34 a.m.

Yes, I've seen at least one TVR there a couple times, a blue one from RI, IIRC.

To Rhodyspit75: Wow, you must have been around the area for a while. Jolly Charlies (Jolly Cholly's?) Ratty's, the Pink Elephant, were before my time in the area, and I moved down from Norwood in '82. I remember Rattys from the old radio controlled model race car track. A friend and I visited once (late '70's maybe) to see what that was about, but we decided real cars were more fun.

Check the Bass schedule carefully, I think it's on again this week because Patriots home games screw up the schedule for the rest of August. I may try to get there, if the weather and work schedule permit.

Stu

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vHhWGOIdggyy8ZSdeeK6qcxhhjld6zruUC7gY2Sj8cRFaYMBdHfHbDzzns5Hxz55