pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
11/15/15 7:43 p.m.

Did anyone go? I'm looking for pictures and and stories so I can live vicariously through you guys!

BillBall
BillBall New Reader
11/16/15 6:03 a.m.

Sure, it was great fun. Although, I have to say, it seemed too Porsche dominated compared to last year--somewhat less variety on the grids. The best parts are the essentially unlimited access to the pits/garages/false-grid/crews and what shows up in the infield. For example I tucked myself into a corner and shot this video of the first group taking the grid: Group B at Classic 24 Hour, Almost got my toes run over! The grid walk before the start is fun (Randy Probst crawled over me to jump the pit wall and help push start a Chevron that would be his ride later in the day), but wandering through the garages before and during the event is the best. Oh and there are 24 hours of races to watch :).

Norm Sippel set up an infield car corral that hosted a wide variety of makes. In addition to the cool cars you would expect, a muddy and bug-splattered a Porsche 918 appear for awhile. I am sure there is a good story behind that drive. Later on a barn-find Greenwood Corvette roller was dropped off for a bit. So there was something for every taste.

I didn't take a lot of pictures because pretty much all the people I share them with were at the event. But here are a few in a dropbox folder that are mixed in with pictures I took at the Winter Park Concours the following day: weekend pics. It shouldn't be hard to tell the events apart :) Got to talk to Tim for a bit at the Concours while checking out the Mini project, which looked awesome. My friends put their Heinkel to full capacity test.

BillBall
BillBall New Reader
11/16/15 6:13 a.m.

Looking back over my pictures from the races, my favorite is the Lotus 11 tied to the awning protecting much larger cars. I don't know if the Lotus was anchoring the awning, or the awning was keeping the Lotus from blowing away :)

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
11/16/15 9:33 a.m.

Thanks for sharing!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NlxkPPDSofWGZ1qoD4D4AK0HYzQ35H1Tg8af4VLrAu0T685YSSgd4gxqokAXUZxs