Inner Child
Inner Child New Reader
6/3/09 12:13 p.m.

I'm going to be in Chicago on vacation for the month of July and I'm looking to do some wrenching at a shop. I'm not looking to be paid, I just want to have the experience of working on some cool old cars. I have no formal training, but I know my way around a garage. I've always worked on my own cars, and though I love classic sports cars, the oldest vehicle I've worked on is my '86 944 turbo.

Does anyone know of a shop in Chicago that would be willing to take on an apprentice for a month in exchange for some free labor? Preferably, it would be accessible by public transportation, as I won't have a car in the city.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/4/09 8:14 a.m.

Go here. http://www.northshoresportscars.com/

They will probably laugh, but it is worth a visit to see all the cool cars. No transportation either.

There is a guy in Broadview, Illinois that has a warehouse of BMW 2002 parts and I stopped once to look at one. He might take you on and I found him via the BMW2002 site. He has a TON of parts and awesome cars inside.

RossD
RossD Reader
6/18/09 12:55 p.m.

The Werks Shop would be neat to go see there shop for a couple hours. They arent in Chi-town, but close.

RossD
RossD Reader
6/18/09 1:00 p.m.

Hey that north shore sportscars place is like a couple of miles from that bimmer shop. Crazy

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qc3LrnHpnqYjGNFVuDeZv87djWbAbq5cfFmExecU5lipcVoIB3Inum569hIkcKOC