David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/23/13 11:04 a.m.

I can't be the only one here who grew up on Miami Vice, and thanks to Hulu we're reliving those days. An all-white Countach was the car of choice for last night's bad guys, but I also caught a glimpse of an MGB driving about.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
8/23/13 2:08 p.m.

The Opel Manta that appeared in Season 2 seems pretty kickin'. It's listed on the "Miami Vice" Wikipedia page, but I can't figure out if it was a villain car or a hero car. Seems like it would work well for a fluffy-haired bad guy.

BAMF
BAMF HalfDork
8/23/13 6:26 p.m.

The all white Testarossa is an indelible childhood memory.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
8/24/13 3:29 p.m.

All the W126 benzes are where I got the affliction I think.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
8/24/13 10:23 p.m.

They've been rerunning it on one of the cable stations we get. Can't remember which one, but it's a lot like an old UHF station. Unfortunately they seem to be running stuff from the '88 season now. Not as good as the earlier seasons.

I still prefer Crocket's Daytona, even if it wasn't a real Ferrari.

I wonder if the survaliance van from Miami Vice was the inspiration for Dale's Dead Bug van?

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
8/25/13 12:15 a.m.

Yup ... I prefer the earlier season with the Daytona ... and "in the air tonight" playing in the background ...

rambler68
rambler68 New Reader
8/26/13 6:52 p.m.

Some cool classic American iron too. Stan's T-Bird, Tubbs' Caddy...one episode had some Feds with a sweet black '71 Torino GT convert, another had a bad guy leaving prison in a '67 Continental ragtop.

Let's not forget the other Michael Mann production of that time, the (sadly) short-lived Crime Story. Now there's a vintage car feast...

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/28/13 3:17 p.m.

Phil Collins' Lambo was pretty cool.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/1/13 9:49 a.m.
rambler68 wrote: Some cool classic American iron too. Stan's T-Bird, Tubbs' Caddy...one episode had some Feds with a sweet black '71 Torino GT convert, another had a bad guy leaving prison in a '67 Continental ragtop. Let's not forget the other Michael Mann production of that time, the (sadly) short-lived Crime Story. Now there's a vintage car feast...

Crime Story was awesome, the first time I saw Dennis Farina

boeingpilot
boeingpilot New Reader
9/7/13 11:10 a.m.

Any of the old '80's crime dramas are great for classic car spotting.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
9/7/13 2:00 p.m.

I remember a Maserati Quattroporte, several Porsches (some being dumped on by tons of sand - Ted Nugent episode), a very cool GN, and lots of bedecked and bespoilered Benzes...

Mental
Mental Mod Squad
9/12/13 2:58 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
rambler68 wrote: Some cool classic American iron too. Stan's T-Bird, Tubbs' Caddy...one episode had some Feds with a sweet black '71 Torino GT convert, another had a bad guy leaving prison in a '67 Continental ragtop. Let's not forget the other Michael Mann production of that time, the (sadly) short-lived Crime Story. Now there's a vintage car feast...
Crime Story was awesome, the first time I saw Dennis Farina

I was flippping channels and stumbled across the premire of that show. When he uttered this line, I was hooked,

Hey you. You hurt anybody else, when this is over, I'm gonna find what you love the most and I'm gonna kill it. Your mother, your father, your dog... don't matter what it is, it's dead.

Back on the original Topic, who remembers Ted Nuget's awful Corvette? Best image I could find, but it had the requisite body kit ala' Miami at the time. I cried a little when he buried the 911 at the start of that episode and was happy to see Sonny take him out.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
9/12/13 9:53 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: I wonder if the survaliance van from Miami Vice was the inspiration for Dale's Dead Bug van?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2JnrimPgHUaw6Lxlfvo4NBRAB8EOpOgrfSA8mrpqouaJ11LzEJ6wz1dDS00X3XbB