1 2
Rupert
Rupert Dork
10/28/15 3:00 p.m.

From what I've observed a magazine issue is often called "interesting" if it contains articles a specific person is interested in. And "uninteresting" if it contains articles others are interested in. If you have a very narrow interest span, there are a ton of very specific interest publications out there and have been for years. You probably already read at least one of these publications on a regular basis.

I soldier through the Classic Motorsports issues which I consider uninteresting for the change of pace. And I know that soon there will be a really interesting issue that I'll love & others will probably hate.

shadetree30
shadetree30 HalfDork
11/2/15 9:47 p.m.

I'm generally very satisfied with the magazine, except it often has a tendency to make me feel old.

But seriously, folks, just one comment regarding the "Shop Visit" article (p.138)...what kind of lift is that? Is it a specialty lift or a regular mid rise (like I think it is) that has the floor recessed and turns it into a flush mount ?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
11/3/15 10:11 a.m.

If I remember correctly, that lift is actually not meant for cars (shhhhh, don't tell OSHA), but rather for some sort of heavy industrial application.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
11/3/15 10:12 a.m.

In the door skin replacement article, that's Tom slipping a chisel between the outer door skin and the door frame, and gently peeling the outer skin off. Anywhere that it was still attached a little bit, he ground down further.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YQP0KZyfP1MBFrKyHmd0mrKTTwSZDRadFySDcZU4ul2p3f4x3o4mQWW1WtGvXpme