Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/18/09 10:58 a.m.

Did anyone here go to Fiat Freak-Out this past weekend (http://classicmotorsports.net/events/488/)

Did you take any photos? If so, let me know.

Thanks!

BrettM
BrettM Reader
8/18/09 2:28 p.m.

I went and took tons of photos. ABC news even came out along with Motorweek TV. Wish CM would have been there. We had over 160 cars on the field and did an autocross (my 2008 Fiat 500 got 2nd in class). It was a crazy, fun weekend.

Let me know if there is anything you need. Check out some of them on face book, I have more.

BrettM
BrettM Reader
8/18/09 2:30 p.m.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/18/09 3:55 p.m.

Nice photos and wish I could have been there. So many event, so little time.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
8/18/09 4:41 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Nice photos and wish I could have been there. So many event, so little time.

Sounds like a movie...

The Classic Car Enthusiast's Wife

A FIAT racer friend of mine was there.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
8/19/09 5:42 a.m.

Have you guys (GRM staff) not made arrangements to drive the new 500 yet? Seems that would be a beat-everyone-to-it story for either publication. I'm sure Lane Motor Museum would be helpful in that regard.

BrettM
BrettM Reader
8/19/09 8:06 a.m.

I agree, ,Jeff Lane would welcome the inquiry. I tried to get the 500 in front of CM last year bu it didn't work out. The car has been returned to the museum so it is back home in Nashville. I do still have a Multipla though We call it the ugly duck.

We are planning a cross country trip via route 66 in late October ending in CA at the France and Italy show. There will be coverage on a website and blog so stay tuned.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/19/09 10:01 a.m.

Hey Brett, did you get my message?

BrettM
BrettM Reader
8/19/09 10:52 a.m.

Yes, I tried it and responded via email. I guess you didn't get the email. I will do it again and put something in there other than testing text.

BrettM
BrettM Reader
8/20/09 9:36 a.m.

Here are a couple of panos I shot. This is not from the show but from the hotel parking lot. This is from the street show in Pheonixville. The theater to the left was where the movie "The Blob" was filmed. Hotel parking...abc news came out and interviewed fans. Field of 500s When I got home, I had to snap a photo of the trio of RHD cars.

ProCoach
ProCoach New Reader
8/21/09 1:32 p.m.

Cool! Great job, Brett.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
8/21/09 2:14 p.m.

Awesome!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XUAUH9NLVy74pIZGy5XptiE0eFXuN3sSdwPbBwVB4U9MVRBoclwETf9vtkrdXp6t