russde
russde GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/12/11 1:19 p.m.

Pulled the tank out of my corvette this weekend, really in pretty good shape. Outside is, of course, covered in old Chevy undercoating (oil/grease/dirt), but the inside only shows some evidence of 'varnish' on the bottom. The tank was only partly filled when the car was parked, it all evaporated and I can see NO rust. Local radiator shop will hot tank it for $55 (new replacement is $255 + shipping) but the tech said I should make this one of the last things I do as corrosion will set in. Hmm. Space is a premium in the garage and I really don't want to re-install it only to have to remove it again later. Couldn't I: Have it tanked, re-install, fill with gas, add sta-bil, and then make an effort to start the car at least once a week and add fresh gas to keep the tank ~full? Input? Cheers!

Vince
Vince Reader
7/12/11 3:49 p.m.

If it's just varnish inside and no rust I'd have it cleaned, re-install and then keep full as you suggested.

It would be ideal if you could take the car for a good run on a weekly basis versus just "running it" otherwise other problems may develop.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UD9MBuWRkhj3bfRGtCWAFGAo7l6Ng3Wl0DFSXXOXbTC6mn1i9A7QKblKnt8E6ub0