Reggie Jordan
Reggie Jordan Circulation Director
5/24/13 10:22 a.m.

It's become a hobby of mine over the past couple of years to attend auctions, shop antique stores, etc. and realize the value in toys from my childhood (born in 1972). Among the toys that I didn't realize until recently were of pretty significant value are Redline Hot Wheels.

Anyone have these or other automobile-related vintage toys that are of significant value (monetarily and/or sentimentally)?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/13 10:24 a.m.

Yeah, the original Aurora slot cars, specifically the Thunderjets. I still love racing the little things, too. Thank goodness they re=popped most of them in the last 10 years.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
5/24/13 6:08 p.m.

I still have a few Redlines from my youth, along with a pile of Matchbox cars that are all pre-1968 or so. Also a couple 1:43 Solidos from back then, a Chaparall 2F and a Miura that were premiums from some breakfast cereal (it could have been Cheerios, but I can't remember for sure.)

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/13 9:16 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

I don't want to get you too excited, but you might have enough value there to buy a real, fullsize car.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
6/11/13 9:19 a.m.

I sold off my entire redlines right before I got married.

ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy
ian @ Jewel Or Jalopy New Reader
6/12/13 4:25 p.m.

I still have most of my matchbox cars, and some from an uncle from the late 60's. Most of them are beat to the point they are worthless, but I have a few that are in decent shape that I keep in a box.

The late 70's stuff that's never going to be worth much, I let my daughters play with. Watching them have fun with them is worth more to me than any money I'd ever get for them. :)

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/17/13 9:35 a.m.

I have a few cases of Hot Wheels, some vintage, some from as far back as 80's. There are even a couple full collections of blue and white Hot Wheels liveried cars from a couple years. Some day there will be three or four grandkids running around that may want to play 'cars'...one day

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N3j2pBvieDMfgysKRxqbczrsp44y19FjnAhoIdAvpMR9oHvI2vuty8FVdzTyDEsL