Peter Brock
Peter Brock
8/3/23 8:33 a.m.

I try to make at least one long road trip every year to see what life is like somewhere other than where we live. Here at Aerovault in Henderson, Nevada, we build lightweight, low-drag, single-car trailers that are transported to customers all over the country. 

[Has Aerovault made the ultimate enclosed trailer?]

Normally we use professional haulers, but I feel …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/3/23 10:10 a.m.

I recently made the same discovery myself, but just while driving around town running errands.

The road noise, wind noise and engine noise all kind of combine into a soothing white noise.

gbarker
gbarker New Reader
8/3/23 11:48 a.m.

I couldn't agree more.  I had a retro radio installed in my '69 E-Type convertible, but I've never used it except for the USB ports to keep phone (always off) charged.  So, I'm not even sure the radio works??  

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/3/23 12:33 p.m.

Whenever I go on a road trip, I often start with the radio off. Before you know it, I'm a couple of hours into the drive. It's great for clearing the mind. It's like meditation.

Nred
Nred New Reader
8/3/23 2:53 p.m.

So much to learn from Mr. Brock.

What he wrote here can certainly be learned from: "The only recourse is to turn it off or, better yet, get rid of it entirely."

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/3/23 4:27 p.m.

All this talk has me itching for a road trip. Personally? I'd love to drive across the country again.

Seeing the lush Gulf Coast slowly transform into the deserts of the Southwest was something I'll never forget.

peterpan3201
peterpan3201 New Reader
10/22/23 12:07 p.m.

Driving to Texas soon , I will leave a day early ,family will fly in I'll carry luggage in the car and pick them up at the Texas airport when they fly in. We don't need to rent a car and I get some alone time. Then after our vacation I will take them to the airport and drive home. At least one drive will be just me and my thoughts. Thanks for the tip.

bosswrench
bosswrench New Reader
10/22/23 2:09 p.m.

I own a mid-engined DeTomaso Pantera. So at normal under-100 speeds, the radio is pretty much unintellegible anyway. Things do quiet down as speed increases.... but I get kinda single-focussed at that point.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/23/23 5:11 p.m.

I don’t think I have ever run the radio in the 911.

Dwight
Dwight New Reader
10/24/23 7:49 a.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Not that what is happening in our world                   these days, is unimportant, but having an avocation, such as it is in Motorsports is VERY good... Even if it's just repairing the '74 MGB I just bought... 

mcloud
mcloud New Reader
11/8/23 1:31 p.m.

If I hear another radio ad for 'Relief Factor', I will scream!  Am suprisingly content to motor along in silence, allowing my mind to think it's thoughts without distraction.  Yes, it is a form of meditation.  Thanks, Mr. Brock.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
upaHiplb2VAqq0gnhTSpI0km8mjYthtKkpTRRacEK90CZADLMrXjus0cqM5fUgyU