John Webber
John Webber
12/27/22 10:25 a.m.

Attention, please. All of you who have witnessed an MG TF deliver a burnout like the one pictured here, raise your hands. We’ll wait. 

Ah, we thought so. It’s a sight few have seen. But we’re not blowing smoke when we say that this car, a one-off, V8-powered prototype built in 1986 by Great Lakes Motor Cars Corp.–formerly Victor Replicars …

Read the rest of the story

Chuck0513
Chuck0513 New Reader
2/16/24 2:55 p.m.

Its great to see the Victors get some attention. I own the prototype Great Lakes Phantom GT coupe they built with a BBC and a Munce 4 speed, 500+ HP at 2400 pounds its a blast. The GT resembles the 1935 Airline on steroids. Its been in the garage for a few years maybe its time to dust it off. 

mapleglen
mapleglen New Reader
3/15/24 2:06 p.m.

Back in the 80s I sold several  MGBs to the Victor group. As I remember, the Victor name came from being Victor NY, just below Rochester. One of the Bs was a , I think a D or E production race car. Waiting for the Victor boys to pick up my cars, I noticed the gages in the race car all had their glass broken and needles twisted of. Asked my 3 year old son why he did it. Being three he said, little Mitchell and I were playing monsters. Luckly the Victor boys did not care.

John

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t8Gm3fW9bRDtY7JVmMYvOmHJOaZ79YoHAXczfQt09ndxMNnZDzgTuDLyHZ7Vc22o