aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
1/25/10 4:17 p.m.

Some of you may know Tony Barnhill (or, "the colonel" as many called him).

He was killed today in a head on collision. I do not know many other details right now. Tony was "the" MG guy for used parts. His "Autoist" website was well-known to many MG enthusiasts.

http://www.theautoist.com/

He has literally dozens of various MGs that he drove and restored just for the joy of ownership. He was very active on The British Car Forum and The MGB Experience forum.

I know he had talked to me about building a Grassroots Challenge MGB-GT and I think he may have been registered on the GR forum.

His wife Jerri was in the accident and last I heard, she is in serious condition. Tony lived in Gurley, Alabama.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
1/25/10 4:28 p.m.

I am thoroughly shocked. Tony was on several boards I visit.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
1/26/10 9:07 a.m.

I posted anyone going to Barber Rolex a couple of years ago on MG site he replied lets go , met him for a bit at the track super nice guy very sad .

TJ
TJ Dork
1/26/10 10:09 a.m.

I never had the fortune to meet Tony, but I had been to his website a few times. I had no idea he lived just around the corner from me. My thoughts go out to his wife Jerri - may her reovery go well.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 HalfDork
1/26/10 11:59 a.m.

Yeah it was a shock when I heard about it yesterday morning. Still reeling. His wife, Jerri is expected to recover. I've been to his Garage-Mahal a few times and was always awed at his collection. Talked with him numerously at our local Brit club meetings. He was a man of convictions but always honest in his opinions and respectful of yours. He will be missed. Was looking forward to his advise in my upcoming restoration of a 63 MG Midget.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
1/26/10 9:10 p.m.

Saddening indeed. I haven't spent much time on BCF lately, but I always enjoyed his posts and knowledge and went to his site a few times.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BYmPSSqflkC7su45RPYv0BSdplGnd48au41WIXhUNVhSe1zXEdIulazUVNvwPHAM