David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/7/11 8:45 a.m.

How's the weather looking for the rest of the country this weekend? Good enough for some car stuff?

We have the Roar Before the Rolex this weekend--basically pre-season practice for the Rolex 24 At Daytona. It's a kind of relaxed event and good opportunity to see everyone involved. Hopefully everyone gets to play this weekend.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/7/11 8:59 a.m.

Snow, Snow, Snow. I'm changing out the crappy shocks and springs on my CRX for something a little more livable. It has Tokico blues with Neuspeed springs, which makes for a really harsh ride with little suspension travel. I'm swapping those out for Koni Sports with stock springs on the low spring perch setting. That's what I run on my Civic and it makes for a nice ride on the softer settings and really stiffens up on the harder settings. This is a DD, so no need to pull 1+g or anything like that. Any extra time will be spent on the Civic. Should be a good weekend, but definitely an indoor weekend!
Have a good time at Daytona!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/7/11 9:16 a.m.

It's supposed to warm up here so the snowy driveway is likely to turn back into a mud pit.

In other words, perfect weather for the delivery of my next project car if everything works out OK.

TJF
TJF New Reader
1/7/11 12:08 p.m.

Building a small loft in the garage for non-car related storage. Once that is done, my next car-related project is to reassemble my BMW 2002 cylinder head using my new workbench that I made last weekend.

DneprDave
DneprDave Reader
1/7/11 9:21 p.m.

Going on a run with the local MINI club on Saturday, it's supposed to be partly sunny, mid forties.

Dave

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
1/8/11 5:48 a.m.

Cleaning the Tii and maybe start some rust repair? I've got the itch to melt some steel.

JeffT
JeffT New Reader
1/8/11 7:28 a.m.

Plan to finish wrapping the wiring harness under the TVR. Pull the dash and re-install the fuel gauge.

Bravenrace- Any suggestions on rear shocks for my TVR 2500? I bought and installed 4 new coil-overs for the car from Marshall, but didn't do the rear shocks. Now the muffler does scrape every once in a while.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/8/11 9:06 a.m.

Got 12" of snow, that takes car of Saturday morning.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
1/8/11 10:11 a.m.

13 degrees - garage just doesn't have a big draw today.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Dork
1/8/11 2:32 p.m.

Snow. I'm doing a bathroom reno for my wife. Call it race weekend credits ;)

A.

Ian F
Ian F Dork
1/8/11 5:50 p.m.

Today - yard work in the snow @ mom's...

Sunday - dishwasher install and hopefully some work on the BMW.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/10/11 6:06 a.m.
JeffT wrote: Plan to finish wrapping the wiring harness under the TVR. Pull the dash and re-install the fuel gauge. Bravenrace- Any suggestions on rear shocks for my TVR 2500? I bought and installed 4 new coil-overs for the car from Marshall, but didn't do the rear shocks. Now the muffler does scrape every once in a while.

What did you put on the front? Are the springs stock? What shocks are best will depend on that. There are plenty of shocks to choose from, but I'm partial to Koni's. I use them on pretty much all my cars. In fact if you look at my post earlier in this thread, that's what I put on my CRX this weekend.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/10/11 6:08 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Snow, Snow, Snow. I'm changing out the crappy shocks and springs on my CRX for something a little more livable. It has Tokico blues with Neuspeed springs, which makes for a really harsh ride with little suspension travel. I'm swapping those out for Koni Sports with stock springs on the low spring perch setting. That's what I run on my Civic and it makes for a nice ride on the softer settings and really stiffens up on the harder settings. This is a DD, so no need to pull 1+g or anything like that. Any extra time will be spent on the Civic. Should be a good weekend, but definitely an indoor weekend! Have a good time at Daytona!

Mission accomplished! And even had time to clean the shop!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OE7lUgANMh595d0EaPH6JM9VvzY9J7eapybTw1TrJww43lPDbPoNdKbJH1JmXeZL