OFracing
OFracing Reader
6/27/10 8:30 p.m.

Just finished with the engine and drivetrain rebuild of my youngest son's 72 spitfire.

Time to move some of the fleet around to start the next project, changing the diff and paint prep for the oldest son's 80 Spitfire.

My wife's 80 Spit, Big Bird, is waiting for a slot in the paint shop after my GT6+ is done.

The rusty red GT6 in the garage is a parts car I picked up from CMS on eBay, They used it during the rebuild of their Group 44 GT6. It's become a donor car for my GT6 project as well.

I got to sit in 5 Triumphs Saturday and move them around the yard. I hope by next summer we can all take our Triumphs out as a group and have some fun.

mike

KaptKaos
KaptKaos Reader
6/27/10 11:46 p.m.

I have them both running, although I have a ton of work left to do. You can see I need to finish the bodywork on the doors of the Volvo. But they're moving in the positive!

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
6/28/10 5:20 a.m.

Sigh I put a better cover on the race car and patted my sleeping GT6 on the fender.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
6/28/10 11:01 a.m.
KaptKaos wrote: I have them both running, although I have a ton of work left to do. You can see I need to finish the bodywork on the doors of the Volvo. But they're moving in the positive!

I'll have that Volvo! Seriously, this weekend was pretty full. My son and I went to the vintage races at Mid-Ohio on Saturday. On Sunday it was really hot and humid, so I finally bought and installed an A/C unit in my shop. Best thing I ever did! Now I hope to get a lot more done in there this summer!

DneprDave
DneprDave New Reader
7/1/10 9:00 p.m.

I'm hanging soffets under a newly enclosed, and insulated, porch.

Dave

Vince
Vince New Reader
7/2/10 5:10 p.m.

I'm working on the GT6+ racer between trips to the hospital to visit my sweetheart who's in intensive care :( crazy weekend, my sister is in another hospital in intensive care and isolation :(, dad fell and cracked his head open on the pavement while enroute to see the Dr :(, at least he got away with stitches and is home. Not the weekend we had all planned......

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
7/2/10 5:26 p.m.

I am really missing my GT6.

I might have to take her off the jack stands.

Connect the battery and go for a drive.

Twitch... Twitch.

A.

boeingpilot
boeingpilot New Reader
7/2/10 5:39 p.m.

I cleaned up a used ($75) set of headers for my GT6+ project, and put about 70 miles on my TR4A. Next weekend the shop finally gets 220!!!

Vince
Vince New Reader
7/2/10 9:58 p.m.

I picked up all the DOM Tube an plating for my Roll Cage today...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vGihw79DHPCDIchOfufF8FSuu8s65tW3RNf4S2686oNber0AzTBx3qOJHFQ6AtYA