1 2 3
Reggie Jordan
Reggie Jordan Circulation Director
5/30/13 8:13 a.m.

You're given 1 day with the dream automobile of your choice. Money and other factors are no hindrance. What is it and where do you drive it?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/30/13 8:17 a.m.

Thats a tough question ... So many dream cars. What about this? Porsche 550 and I would take it to somewhere like deals gap.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/13 8:17 a.m.

Driven at any European rally, perhaps Monte Carlo.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b New Reader
5/30/13 8:19 a.m.

Probabaly would spend all day deciding what I actually wanted to drive. By then it would be night and I'd be stuck cruising Woodward and getting revved at by the endless parade of DSMs and Mullet-mobiles.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 8:24 a.m.

I would like a Ferrari 250gto and a day at "the ring". Even if I never get the car above 5/10s, I am sure it would be a white knuckle adrenaline filled ride with a car that was actively and seductively trying to kill me

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/30/13 8:33 a.m.

Hmm... how about a big Healey on the Pacific Coast Highway?

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/30/13 8:38 a.m.

Tough one. I like EvanB's choice (both car and location), but I just watched Cannonball Run II last night with the fiancee & remarked how the Lamborghini Countach figured prominently in my childhood/teens. And I'd have to decide track that I've never driven or open roads out west somewhere.

t25torx
t25torx New Reader
5/30/13 8:49 a.m.

No doubt in my mind, Jaguar XJ220. The day would start with a hearty German breakfast in Nurburg, then a few laps around "The Green Hell" before I continued on to end my day with drinks on the Mediterranean in Monaco.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/30/13 8:56 a.m.

Audi Trans Am at the 'Ring. I would lap that sucker for 24 hours straight!

If it had to be a "street" car, put me in the 911 RS 4.0, same place.

While an AWD 911 would be better for my skill level, teh RS 4.0 is, well awesome!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 9:00 a.m.

Hard to say, but I wouldn't minding spending a day in the woods with a rally car.

beans
beans Reader
5/30/13 9:03 a.m.

Abrams M1. Go to Nationals. HIT ALL THE CONES!!!!

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
5/30/13 9:06 a.m.

I'm going to start in Natchez, MS and take the Trace to Franklin, Tn. Since I don't have to worry about speed limits, it'll be a blast. 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, in blue.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
5/30/13 9:08 a.m.

Mclaren F1 on the original Mille Miglia track. Aaaaaaw yeah

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/30/13 9:33 a.m.

I grew up in the "wedge of death" design era, so something along the lines of or

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
5/30/13 9:35 a.m.

Dunno where, though.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/13 9:38 a.m.

Ford RS200 and some fun roads both asphalt and dirt...

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
5/30/13 9:46 a.m.

I want to say running this at the mille miglia, but the old version, not the modern one or turn it loose on the green monster.

a little throwback to a car and a time where drifting through a corner meant something else that didn't involve "style" points.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
5/30/13 9:53 a.m.

959 at the Ring!

t25torx
t25torx New Reader
5/30/13 9:55 a.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: Dunno where, though.

I know it's not the right one.. but grow a mustache and drive it around Hawaii.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/13 10:16 a.m.

Man, I know the location. The Nordschleife. Which is a good reminder of how lucky I am that I've been there...

But the car? The car... What's so awesome that it fulfills a fantasy, but not too insane to spend a whole day lapping in? Or do I change the location to a track I could come closer to learning in a day so I could focus on the awesome car?

What the heck, it's my daydream; I'll go with the tube-chassis, mid-engine VW Fastback I haven't built yet.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
5/30/13 10:17 a.m.

vanishing point challenger along the origonal path.

this is on my bucket list.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
5/30/13 10:27 a.m.

Something like a Ferrari 458 or Porsche GT3 RS.

Spend the morning at The Nordscheilfe and Nurburgring.......then around lunch time head over to Spa-Franchorchamp for more lapping.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/13 10:35 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: vanishing point challenger along the origonal path. this is on my bucket list.

That's a hot and dusty path!

...and "beans, lots of beans, son."

Darren Vannoy
Darren Vannoy Marketing Assistant at GRMWHQ
5/30/13 10:37 a.m.

Geo Metro Convertible... To the shark lounge.

Seriously though, Ferrari F40. I would drive the pacific coast highway in it. Now that is what I call a good day!

Raze
Raze UltraDork
5/30/13 10:52 a.m.

Anything from 1986 Group B, particularly an RS200-E or E2

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SmCKn7heRHboWqw2o4NhsBjSi3uvL3GLZ1cW4yTjKesM1oOGMCoxBFQKY8TRHDEZ