1 2 3
Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/30/13 11:02 a.m.

I'd drive it up to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, then over to Eagles Canyon Raceway near Ft. Worth, then down to Austin to CotA and Driveway Austin, then down to Harris Hill Road in San Marcos. Why just stay at one track all day?

Type Q
Type Q Dork
5/30/13 11:13 a.m.

One of these:

Here:

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
5/30/13 11:14 a.m.

The mountain passes of Japan.

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
5/30/13 11:22 a.m.

Not a question of where am I, but a question of when. Maybe start with sometime in the late 60's maaaaan.

If the car has to be real, well, I'd spend all day trying to decide. But I can tell you it probably wouldn't be a Lambo or Ferrari, as I don't want to spend 1/2 my day on the side of the road waiting for a flatbed...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
5/30/13 11:32 a.m.

Dakar race truck in the Peruvian desert.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/30/13 11:33 a.m.
Darren Vannoy wrote: Geo Metro Convertible... To the shark lounge.

don't make fun of metros. I like them. The metro convertible is the closest thing we have to the a kei car stateside.

beans
beans Reader
5/30/13 11:42 a.m.
stan wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: vanishing point challenger along the origonal path. this is on my bucket list.
That's a hot and dusty path! ...and "beans, lots of beans, son."

Why hast thou summond me? I cannot recommend a Honda Accord or Jeep Grand Cherokee in this thread.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/13 11:43 a.m.
Type Q wrote: One of these: Here:

I had the exact same thought - 24 hours around that track, except I was having difficulty deciding on the car. I think I'd also choose the pre-chicane Mulsanne.

I was thinking about the Porsche, but I think this would be my choice. The small block GT40.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
5/30/13 11:49 a.m.

http://www.therichest.org/wp-content/uploads/vanishing-point.jpg

im apparently incompetent to make the picture show.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
5/30/13 12:36 p.m.

A 60s LMP car, preferably a big block Ford GT 40 or a 917, on the period correct chicane free Le Mans circuit.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
5/30/13 12:45 p.m.

Either this:

Or this:

Or this:

And any fun highway or 2 lane roads, like highway 1, 395, the napa county area, etc.

Darren Vannoy
Darren Vannoy Marketing Assistant at GRMWHQ
5/30/13 3:58 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Darren Vannoy wrote: Geo Metro Convertible... To the shark lounge.
don't make fun of metros. I like them. The metro convertible is the closest thing we have to the a kei car stateside.

Funny thing is, I like them too, I actually want to own one someday. Just not my 1-day dream car

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
5/30/13 4:17 p.m.

For me, a Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 with studded snow tires on a frozen lake in Northern Sweden during the wintertime (obviously). I always find it odd that people tuck away their sports cars when the white stuff starts falling; that is when they are the most fun.

Vracer111
Vracer111 New Reader
5/30/13 8:20 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: Dunno where, though.

I have the same dream, except I know where...

Start the morning off at the local Cars N Coffee, afterwards head up to my home road course (MSR Houston) for an afternoon of lapping, then spend a nice relaxing evening drive to dinner at a nice local restaurant... want the car to be the only unfamiliar variable in the equation.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/13 8:41 p.m.

Targa Newfoundland in well prepped 1968 Firebird.

With so many choices, you really can't go wrong with any of them. Just pick something and and go.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
5/30/13 8:53 p.m.

On

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
5/31/13 1:50 a.m.

or

No preference which one, must have full race exhaust and open velocity stacks. Drive 101, from the Canadian border, to the Redwoods.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer Reader
5/31/13 2:08 a.m.

Car would probably be a 911 2.7RS.

Track is less of a solid point, but most likely Laguna Seca just because I know it well enough in real life that I could get more out of the car. I think it suits the car well too, challenging enough without being terrifying like the Ring would be, and the right mix of corners, elevation, and speeds.

Alternately, a 935 built to hillclimb specs with a modern low-lag turbo setup, on my favorite canyon roads here in SoCal, with the roads closed to traffic. I love 935s and I'd love to set the record on the road I used to drive almost every night in my WRX with one.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/31/13 7:06 a.m.

I forgot to give a location

Stelvio Pass

or

Transfagarasan Highway

....with a spotter helicopter to warn me if there's any oncoming traffic. That way I know I can use the both sides of the road.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
5/31/13 7:32 a.m.

A General Lee replica.

Where? A selection of dirt roads, preferably in GA somewhere... and with a couple of opportunities to get the car airborne...

Come on... who has watched the Dukes of Hazzard and didn't want to do that?

The side effect of this day-dream is now I have this irrational desire to build a '69 Charger General Lee replica rally-cross car...

Warren v
Warren v Reader
5/31/13 7:50 a.m.

McLaren F1 Chassis #073. LM engine, roadcar helical gearbox, HDF package, fixed rear suspension geometry.

Start at the top of Skyline Drive, cruise through the Blue Ridge Parkway, ease into North GA, hit all my favorite roads (76, 129, 180), and then finish it off with a few laps at Road Atlanta. The sheer density of good driving roads in the GA/TN/NC Tri-State area is pretty amazing.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/31/13 7:54 a.m.

Oh.... Dream car?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
5/31/13 8:02 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: I'm going to start in Natchez, MS and take the Trace to Franklin, Tn. Since I don't have to worry about speed limits, it'll be a blast. 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, in blue.

Meaning as long as you don't stop they won't find you? I thought the trace was 55 mph and double yellow the whole way.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
5/31/13 8:03 a.m.

After watching Chris Harris yesterday, I'd say some sort of Caterham or Ariel Atom.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
5/31/13 8:30 a.m.
EvanB wrote: Driven at any European rally, perhaps Monte Carlo.

I'll take his.

Although I'd honestly take any GRC level rallycross car for a GRC event or a hillclimb weekend and be more than happy.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TMJSvAhHYXZJ6HJXIcmYantjpa9FsrMNClaotlBuocyu1kJxs4V7lnkzfL5aMYIM