1 ... 3 4 5 6
unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/11/09 10:37 a.m.

You guys are out of Austin, right? Want to caravan out to Florida in October?

Sofa King
Sofa King Reader
12/11/09 12:48 p.m.

I am curious about the rules about re-purchasing a Challenge car. Assuming that you are not selling it to another team member or back to yourself to lower the budget...Why wouldn't the purchase price be the most recent purchase price? I don't know the circumstances around the sale and repurchase of the Ghia, but it sounded to me, something like... sold the car... new owner hurt the motor... bought it back for less than originally sold. How is this different from ....original owner buys from VW .... drives for 30 years.... hurts motor ... sells for Challenge friendly price?

dok33
dok33 New Reader
12/11/09 12:55 p.m.
unevolved wrote: You guys are out of Austin, right? Want to caravan out to Florida in October?

Possibly, the whole team aside from me are UT grads though :) We stopped over at a buddy's place in Baton Rouge, not sure if we'll do that again next year but we'll see...

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
12/11/09 12:59 p.m.
Sofa King wrote: I am curious about the rules about re-purchasing a Challenge car. Assuming that you are not selling it to another team member or back to yourself to lower the budget...Why wouldn't the purchase price be the most recent purchase price? I don't know the circumstances around the sale and repurchase of the Ghia, but it sounded to me, something like... sold the car... new owner hurt the motor... bought it back for less than originally sold. How is this different from ....original owner buys from VW .... drives for 30 years.... hurts motor ... sells for Challenge friendly price?

What's interesting is if I could buy the car for less than I sold it for. Then I would have to re-do the entire budget. But I have no idea where the car is anymore.

If I found it, I'm sure I could find enough people to put her back together, as a much quicker car than we finished with.

E-

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/11/09 1:29 p.m.
Sofa King wrote: I am curious about the rules about re-purchasing a Challenge car. Assuming that you are not selling it to another team member or back to yourself to lower the budget...Why wouldn't the purchase price be the most recent purchase price? I don't know the circumstances around the sale and repurchase of the Ghia, but it sounded to me, something like... sold the car... new owner hurt the motor... bought it back for less than originally sold. How is this different from ....original owner buys from VW .... drives for 30 years.... hurts motor ... sells for Challenge friendly price?

Other than the top 15 or featured cars, who cares. Spirit of the event. If someone can live with their justification and finish 16th or higher, so be it. I would rather see the staff joint the party and not bust their butts trying to review each and every enteries back-up. If someone ends up 20th and says it cost them $2010, that's good enough for me. 1st to 15th place...it needs to be right. It'sa plastic trophy folks.

Sofa King
Sofa King Reader
12/11/09 1:39 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
Other than the top 15 or featured cars, who cares. Spirit of the event. If someone can live with their justification and finish 16th or higher, so be it. I would rather see the staff joint the party and not bust their butts trying to review each and every enteries back-up. If someone ends up 20th and says it cost them $2010, that's good enough for me. 1st to 15th place...it needs to be right. It'sa plastic trophy folks.

I couldn't agree more!

I have no intention of selling or rebuying a Challenge car. I was just wondering how a former challenge car needed to be handled. It just seems to me that as long as the transactions are on the "up and up" that the sale price is the Challenge price.

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/11/09 2:00 p.m.
dok33 wrote:
unevolved wrote: You guys are out of Austin, right? Want to caravan out to Florida in October?
Possibly, the whole team aside from me are UT grads though :) We stopped over at a buddy's place in Baton Rouge, not sure if we'll do that again next year but we'll see...

We'll work it out in a few months, then.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
12/11/09 4:03 p.m.

here are some videoes of my dad (Wheels777, Andrew Nelson) racing in Florida. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABDue2fGyK4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_GvSbUTYk

dok33
dok33 New Reader
12/13/09 9:58 p.m.
unevolved wrote:
dok33 wrote:
We'll work it out in a few months, then.

Sounds good, we're planning on doing quite a few autox events in the area this summer so I'm sure we'll run into you guys at some point!

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/13/09 10:06 p.m.

You guys should come out to a TAMSCC AutoX at some point over the summer, they've got practice sessions that are two full days of fun runs, essentially.

I know the Vorshlag guys have talked about bringing their V8-E30 down for an Autocross or two, and if you guys bring a car I'll make sure we have a GRM-specific class at the event. Four cars would be more than some classes usually have.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
12/13/09 10:37 p.m.

Did anyone already ask for strippers?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/14/09 10:25 a.m.
Wheels said: It'sa plastic trophy folks.

^ this.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon New Reader
12/14/09 10:37 p.m.

not being blacklisted from the El Presidente,

4g63 or Ford 2.3 turbo Rx7,

1.8 Audi A4 quattro,

E36 M3 (serious),

V8 318ti 3 series,

Buick v6 turbo RX7(prolly not),

4g63 Civic

Better girl-guy hot tub ratio,

AWD Mirage hatch

bringing a 10sec car,

bringing a car worked on more than 2wks before event

road course

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/15/09 10:34 a.m.
westsidetalon wrote: not being blacklisted from the El Presidente, 4g63 or Ford 2.3 turbo Rx7, 1.8 Audi A4 quattro, E36 M3 (serious), V8 318ti 3 series, Buick v6 turbo RX7(prolly not), 4g63 Civic Better girl-guy hot tub ratio, AWD Mirage hatch bringing a 10sec car, bringing a car worked on more than 2wks before event road course

you don't ask for much, do you?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/15/09 11:27 a.m.
4g63 Civic

I am so berkeleying super cereal. I think me and Les had a drunken poolside chat about this.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/15/09 11:28 a.m.
Better girl-guy hot tub ratio

Be careful what you wish for. I could probably round up a dozen or so more loud annoying british chicks.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/15/09 12:03 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
4g63 Civic
I am so berkeleying super cereal. I think me and Les had a drunken poolside chat about this.

Been done, actually.. a few times. Just not at the Challenge.

3sgte Civic has been done, too. I got a chubby over that one.

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/15/09 1:38 p.m.

A road course would be pretty sweet. Just a simple time-trial style event, no?

clownkiller
clownkiller New Reader
12/15/09 4:21 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

"England is larger than Texas. Yanks control the maps, so they scale up the USA in order to enlarge it's size"

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
12/19/09 6:48 a.m.
westsidetalon wrote: bringing a 10sec car,

Please

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
12/21/09 10:28 p.m.

something powered by a flat head engine?(and not come in dead last)

or something powered by an engine that was never meant for road vehicle use?

unevolved
unevolved Reader
12/22/09 9:42 a.m.

How about something powered by a flat engine?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/22/09 7:51 p.m.
unevolved wrote: How about something powered by a flat engine?

I've been there with Subies with flat motors...

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/22/09 8:02 p.m.

I have been there and will be there again with a vw flat 4.

junkbuggie
junkbuggie New Reader
12/22/09 9:29 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: something powered by a flat head engine?(and not come in dead last) or something powered by an engine that was never meant for road vehicle use?

old school tractor diesel with boost?

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f2p2x1s5YauvQGmboNpQTdTx9GuIdkOhuRrnJoxOA4lN6xSOrHaEoKTKGkQUSYMv