1 2 3
pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/19/15 6:48 p.m.

I already paid for an entry for my new challenge car, do we get a break on a second entry fee for a "reunion" car?

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/15 7:21 p.m.
Advan046 wrote:
Rustspecs13 wrote: So quasi my friend in detroit just posted this for sale on facebook. He said $2000 with the ronals and lots of parts. Hes done lots of work to it.
Memories of my Michigan Ice Racing days in the XR. Lots of fun but hard to heel toe downshift in critical moments. The first car I ran at an autocross where people wanted me to wait so they could watch my runs. The thing looked crazy going around the course with steelies and Dominator tires smoking. Get it Quasi Get it!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually racing the PARTS CAR for the 2016 Challenge car this year. No intention of being competitive. Show up, drink beer, drive slowly, drink beer, drive slowly, go to banquet, drink beer, go home.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/19/15 9:21 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Sounds too simple. Probably should get a bigger turbo. There is no fun in having a running driving car. I can always put in a second entry for the car if you need.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/19/15 9:38 p.m.
wheels777 wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: PACC racing en route to $2015 road train photo: Road train DSCF6669.jpg
Ahhh..maybe '16. We are struggling to do '15 with one car. December we make our last tuition payment. Funds are tiiiiiight!

if you make it without a car, you can be on my sad little one man team and drive your old Z with me. it's shaping up nicely. i had a month or so hiatus getting the house and yard ready for the baby's first b-day party. spent a couple nights getting the rest of the exhaust made and installed and baselined the timing tonight. drag tires are procured and mounted.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
8/19/15 9:52 p.m.
WillrunifChased wrote: In reply to pimpm3: Sounds too simple. Probably should get a bigger turbo. There is no fun in having a running driving car. I can always put in a second entry for the car if you need.

Are you coming this year? I am not sure of the logistics involved with getting two cars to the challenge, also my wife is flying home from Virginia Thursday night so I can't head to Gainesville till she relives me of the kids.

WillrunifChased
WillrunifChased Reader
8/19/15 9:58 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

I'll be there. I do recommend getting the thing running before the day of the event. I could always drop my car off and come back for the fiero with my trailer.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
8/21/15 10:12 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
wheels777 wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: PACC racing en route to $2015 road train photo: Road train DSCF6669.jpg
Ahhh..maybe '16. We are struggling to do '15 with one car. December we make our last tuition payment. Funds are tiiiiiight!
if you make it without a car, you can be on my sad little one man team and drive your old Z with me. it's shaping up nicely. i had a month or so hiatus getting the house and yard ready for the baby's first b-day party. spent a couple nights getting the rest of the exhaust made and installed and baselined the timing tonight. drag tires are procured and mounted.

I look forward to looking at that one again. That thing has some personal history.

BTW, does it still have the fiberglass hood?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/15 8:27 a.m.

I look forward to looking at that one again. That thing has some personal history.

BTW, does it still have the fiberglass hood?

Yes, it's a mess. It sat upside down on the ground for a very long time and warped badly, edges came apart from water and ice, etc... I'm at least 4 hours into fixing it, probably have 3x that when done.

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
8/25/15 9:39 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
wheels777 wrote: I look forward to looking at that one again. That thing has some personal history. BTW, does it still have the fiberglass hood?
Yes, it's a mess. It sat upside down on the ground for a very long time and warped badly, edges came apart from water and ice, etc... I'm at least 4 hours into fixing it, probably have 3x that when done.

Bummer. Do what you can to save it. There's a story behind it.

56 days. But whose counting days at this point?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FWkHLflDeDVCQlAfVNOvJtpMyUoqvanS1DYDW4wFbKssFwVN9k9iqUbrZGeKTHF7