failuer
failuer New Reader
10/14/13 9:05 a.m.

The girlfriend just picked up a 2001 Civic (4 door) and the seats are pretty bad on the back.

Does anyone have any suggestions for drop in replacements that offer a bit more comfort, and maybe a lower seating position? Is there such a thing? The Honda forums I've seen scare me...

Hopsonn
Hopsonn New Reader
10/14/13 11:53 a.m.

In reply to failuer:

I had a 2001 Civic coupe for a good long time, and I agree that the seats are terrible.

The RSX variants had slightly more supportive seats that I know fit in the front of the coupe, but they are still rather flat without much lumbar support which is what bothered my back in my Civic. Being a Civic, there are a great multitude of terrible looking aftermarket options.

I went with a different and in my opinion better option and replaced that terrible to sit in car with something else that had more comfortable seats.

eg6ajk
eg6ajk New Reader
10/14/13 3:21 p.m.

For bolt in option look into RSX, 03-05 Civic Si (hatch) and JDM equivalent DC5 Recaro and EP3 Recaro seats.

If you do not mind bit of work, and swapping rails and on some bit of cut/weld work, then you can make 93+ del Sol, 94+ Integra, 00+ S2000, and 06+ Civic FG seats fit as well (it sounds like more work then it is).

example http://battlecat.8m.com/DelSols_install.htm

failuer
failuer New Reader
10/15/13 7:31 a.m.

Awesome - thanks for the input guys. I'll keep on eye out for these!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AAQLcHvapWTpZOQSQcWScbrTRRbf62Uu0yRQSjW0YsotglewJWSoOPZe0q4teelz