Duke
Duke UltimaDork
11/7/11 12:14 p.m.
feature_image

So it is effectively a rear-wheel-drive TSX?

Read the rest of the story

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
11/7/11 4:14 p.m.

i think a decontented model, particularly of a car i like, is a great idea. But does it really cost less to make a 2.5 over a 3.7 version of the same engine? i mean a real meaningful amount in light of spending over 30 grand?

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
11/7/11 4:48 p.m.

I realize that if they built and offered one of these with a manual transmission, I'd probably be the only customer. As it stands, I'm almost glad this car costs a bit more than my old "G". Considering Nissan has a 4 cylinder engine, also of 2.5 liters, I guess we should be glad they didn't opt to use that engine? Imagine the price difference if they had gone that route?

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
11/7/11 5:20 p.m.

definitely agree with Alan Cesar on the styling

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
11/8/11 8:09 a.m.

When I read 2.5L I figured the popular Nissan 4 cyl. I was surprised to see it is a smaller V6. I was hoping it was a reversal of the trend in the US where 4cyl (for better economy) and well equipped seem to be a combination that rarely exists.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/11/11 11:20 a.m.

Alan drove the car with geese in it? Why would you put geese in a luxury sedan?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

Add another option to the ever-growing Infiniti G-series model line: the new-for-2011 G25 Sedan. As the name suggests, power comes from a 2.5-liter version of Nissan's popular VQ engine family.

The advantages? Less money, basically. The G25 starts at $32,400, almost $4000 less than the 3.7 liter-powered G35 sedan. How'd they do it? In addition to less displacement, the G25 also loses some frills, like the in-dash navigation unit. The G25 gets a little better fuel economy, too: 20/29 vs. 19/27.

Badging aside, nothing on the outside hints that this is the budget model. It's not like the G25 gets steelies with dog dish hubcaps, for example.

The new G25 line also includes three models: the "base" G25, the slightly up-market G25 Journey, and the all-wheel-drive G25x. The full line of G37 models are still available, too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VF4SUmRzzNL8RDDuJprxLKMfoQLUdtR2VWOvEWUp1U3EoA1NNI7WLzEEp32EqNHW