1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/30/12 5:27 p.m.

Several people faced some big drives home after the Challenge festivities. Everyone get home safe and sound? And for those still on the road, all trucking along okay?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
9/30/12 5:47 p.m.

This is johnrw1621 on Steve's tablet as Steve is at the wheel of Mongo. Mongo has been cooperative today and we are moving swiftly and safely. We are currently in TN, north of Knoxville hitting the big hills near Cumberland Gap.

We pulled out of Gainesville at 7am so we are 12 hrs in with about 7 hrs to go or eta of 2am. One thing i learned is that the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked for me while i drive a morning shift is Great!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
9/30/12 6:07 p.m.

Home safe and sound!

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/30/12 6:10 p.m.

Evil dave and I met up on 75 in Calhoun GA a couple hours ago. They had a tralier tire blow out, but were otherwise good. Eta of 10pm.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
9/30/12 6:34 p.m.

Home safe and sound, spent all day at UF with some friends.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/30/12 6:38 p.m.

Home despite almost getting rear ended twice between Birmingham and Huntsville

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
9/30/12 7:33 p.m.

We just stopped in NC for dinner and are about half way home.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
9/30/12 7:43 p.m.

Left at 5:30 this morning, made it home to Cincy at 6:30 this evening.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
9/30/12 8:27 p.m.

Made it home safe and sound. Got the car and truck unloaded already.

admc58
admc58 Reader
9/30/12 10:15 p.m.

Home with all safe.

wae
wae New Reader
9/30/12 10:17 p.m.

Smooth sailing all the way back home, just have to unload after work tomorrow.

sporqster
sporqster Reader
9/30/12 10:38 p.m.

Little Lamb-orghini home in one piece, as are KY Spirits. Thanks for an unforgettable time guys, we'll be back!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/1/12 12:26 a.m.

Swank Force One made it in one piece, just walked in the door 850 miles later. Geting up for work in three hours. Yay.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
10/1/12 1:42 a.m.

Aussie and all...home. A great time!

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
10/1/12 3:07 a.m.

4am, just got home. There was debate about driving the 13 hours on R-comps, but with little other choice, it really turned out fine, even hit some rain storms, and not much hydroplaning. Only on the concrete surfaces, with visible standing water was it really noticeable. Glad everyone else made it safe.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
10/1/12 4:01 a.m.

The Team External Combustion crew is still en route to MA, and passing through PA right now. We can't wait to get home and get some real sleep.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
10/1/12 4:50 a.m.
Finnerty wrote: driving the 13 hours on R-comps, but with little other choice, it really turned out fine, even hit some rain storms, and not much hydroplaning.

That is not on my short list of things to try.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
10/1/12 5:01 a.m.

Left the hotel at 10:30. 1 driver Home at 5 am safe and sound except for the hole that formed in the exhaust of the truck.

Pat
Pat Reader
10/1/12 5:30 a.m.

Home sweet home!

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/1/12 7:13 a.m.

Uneventful drive home. Thanks for a great event as usual!

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
10/1/12 8:05 a.m.
Pat wrote: Home sweet home!

CONGRATS DUDE!!! Bout damned time!!!

cemike2
cemike2 New Reader
10/1/12 8:25 a.m.

Home safe and sound.

Thanks to the GRM crew for putting on yet another great event!!

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/1/12 9:30 a.m.

After a detour into SC to drop the Cadillac-powered Fiero off with its new owner, I got back home to Lexington a bit after 8pm, and Bill (#4) should have gotten back to Northern KY a bit over an hour later.

PBeeMax
PBeeMax New Reader
10/1/12 10:54 a.m.

Sporqster is a machine! He drove The Little Lamborghini home last night without a major incident. A wandering Tie-Rod (Rear) made for some white-knuckle driving, but this was alleviated with a little parking lot tightening. The rest of the trip passed without incident. Around 14.5 Hrs with meal and gas beaks.

Thanks everyone for a great event!

We're now looking forward to finishing our Tri-Fecta at Chumpcar Road Atlanta, in December, and hope to see you there. +Paul

dansxr2
dansxr2 HalfDork
10/1/12 11:54 a.m.

The MX-3 made it back to WV around midnight. I had so much fun, and am already planning for next year! Also just wanted to give a BIG shoutout to Ben, Jeremy, Karl, The Little Lambo Guys, and the gentleman in the 944 that took the coil off his car for me to use so I could try to get some more drag passes in. Awesome to meet each of you , and i cant wait for $2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
InQjvi85VpqsV2ebIyueajATHnJj43AaO1G6rk6TVbz8fUnCiStvxFIog1BRd8fI