Shaun
Shaun HalfDork
9/26/11 10:21 a.m.
feature_image

It used to be a attractive, Like the woman with the horse. Now it looks like the wrong end of the horse. Why?

Read the rest of the story

jv8
jv8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/26/11 1:25 p.m.

We will mostly likely replace our '06 Mazda5 with this restyled '12 because there is still nothing else like it on the market... but I sure was looking forward to an ecoboost C-Max before Ford cancelled it. I don't need new curvy sheet metal... where are the increases in fuel economy and/or power?!

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
9/26/11 3:47 p.m.

We've got a '10 and love ours... it's just too bad there wasn't a Mazdaspeed5

amiller34
amiller34 New Reader
9/28/11 11:00 p.m.

We love our '10 Mazda5 as well, replaced a Toyota SUV, 10mpg better and a third row to boot, sliding doors are great in tight parking lots. My only complaint is the cruise control really can't figure out how to behave properly on hilly country two lanes. We paid just over $22k for a Touring, great bang for the buck!

Sounbwoy
Sounbwoy
10/26/11 7:46 p.m.

Would love to see GRM do a project on say a 2010 (hint). A dealership in the MidWest transplanted a Mazdaspeed3 running gear in one and ran it at One Lap and did very well.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/13 12:00 a.m.

The Mazda5 is one of those peoplemovers that's been operating under the radar. This six-passenger vehicle may not sport knobby tires or a jacked-up ride height, but it has found its niche--and its fans can even be found on our message board here and here.

How different is the new-for-2012 Mazda5? Well, just ask Mazda's media site: "The Mazda5 is unique: It doesn’t fit into a mold, and neither do its owners; it can’t be defined by a segment; it suits a family, but thrives in an active lifestyle setting. One could say it’s a vehicle right where everything else isn’t."

And there you have it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IbuKgDInFBDOTXAIGWMMA3y0LS9k7Rc437LqVocdyXnCDQppGTkQxlp3IaxY4H2x