1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/12/13 3:40 p.m.

I'll be coming to IN a few days before we roll out of there to do final prep/etc. IDK about accomondations, but I'll be driving in from Minneapolis, so if anyone wants to meet along the way- there is that as well. Plus more hands to make sure SF1 and the Prom Queen run... never a bad thing. I will likely have a trunk full of beer on my way out, as WI and MN have good brew that I know Ben can't get...... and DEFINITELY not in FL.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/12/13 3:43 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
SilverFleet wrote: That 2.2L under there will run if I can find the time and money to slap together that fuel system and do the rest of the body work. It has been sprinkled with speed parts by the previous owners. Also, autocross and giant iron lumps like Big Block Olds 455's go together like peanut butter and sand.
Mmmmmm peanut butter Sand-wich.

bluej
bluej Dork
9/12/13 4:04 p.m.

In for caravaning down the east coast. I'm in DC and wanted to split the drive down between Wednesday and Thursday.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
9/12/13 5:28 p.m.

My plan is to leave indiana on Tuesday arrive there on wensday goto the beach relax and watch everyone arrive.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
9/12/13 5:33 p.m.
stan_d wrote: My plan is to leave indiana on Tuesday arrive there on wensday goto the beach relax and watch everyone arrive.

If by "beach" you mean hotel pool then you are set. :D

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/13 5:38 p.m.

Anybody want to win the $1K class? Buy my turbo Saab and a new set of V710's and ship it out there.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/12/13 7:11 p.m.

Mndsm's motor is now complete. Dropping in on sunday.

Ya'all are in for a rude awakening as to the kind of power that can be made on a challenge budget. We'll be raffling off rides thursday night.

Swank Force Racing threw the book of tricks at this thing. Looking for 300whp/400wtq @ 15psi. God knows what at 20-25psi.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
9/12/13 10:11 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Power is nothing without control.

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
9/12/13 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Build thread?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 7:11 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Mndsm's motor is now complete. Dropping in on sunday. Ya'all are in for a rude awakening as to the kind of power that can be made on a challenge budget. We'll be raffling off rides thursday night. Swank Force Racing threw the book of tricks at this thing. Looking for 300whp/400wtq @ 15psi. God knows what at 20-25psi.

I hope GRM brings plenty of replacement timing lights....

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 8:42 a.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: Power is nothing without control.

I disagree. Power without control is still power.

I'm not ignoring the suspension, though. Car will be on Koni Yellows, 2nd gen MX6 Megan Racing springs, Addco sway bars with some repurposed bushings from various other cars, and rolling on FD wheels with 245/45-16 meats.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 8:46 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Mndsm's motor is now complete. Dropping in on sunday. Ya'all are in for a rude awakening as to the kind of power that can be made on a challenge budget. We'll be raffling off rides thursday night. Swank Force Racing threw the book of tricks at this thing. Looking for 300whp/400wtq @ 15psi. God knows what at 20-25psi.
I hope GRM brings plenty of replacement timing lights....

That was Steve Hoelscher that did that, not me.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 8:48 a.m.
2002maniac wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: Build thread?

I've kindof rolled it into the existing half-assed build thread i had for my MX6.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/mx6-mafia-poster-child-runs-correctly-for-the-firs/49874/page8/

Start there, go backwards. I have a couple updates to make but you get the idea.

spin_out
spin_out Reader
9/17/13 8:27 a.m.

Well, our '94 Mustang survived our second test autocross, so I mailed in our Application and entry fee today. Things become pretty real when you mail in your money. :)

I was a bit scared when we showed up at the autocross and saw two high dollar, supercharged, Track Mustangs, but I crossed my fingers that they were just Sebring guys slumming it at an autocross. My teammate ran in the second group and set FTD, so we were feeling good.

We took the car to this event because we knew GRM Challenge Pro-driver, Danny Shields ("Icondriver" on this Board) would be there. He took the car out during the third run group, made a couple of suggestions, and eventually set FTD by a 2 second margin. Colour us happy.

We still have a fairly long "to do' list, and one more autocross test day. Crossing my fingers really hard that we don't break anything.

Bowenaero
Bowenaero New Reader
9/17/13 8:55 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Ya'all are in for a rude awakening as to the kind of power that can be made on a challenge budget.

Two can play this game.

Wreck Racing will be back with a vengeance!

Follow us on facebook for more updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Tech-Wreck-Racing/317116794981439

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/17/13 9:45 a.m.

Ran into a bit of a snag. The guy i got bought the turbo kit for mndsm's car from about 2 years ago clearly never ran it.

Because it doesn't fit. TURBO HIT BLOCK.

Creative measures coming to Swank Force Racing tomorrow.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
9/17/13 10:07 a.m.

I had one if those issues with my N600. Milled an angle into the header flange and used some similarly angled washers on the turbo mounting hardware. Fits now!

Bryce

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/17/13 10:13 a.m.
Bowenaero wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Ya'all are in for a rude awakening as to the kind of power that can be made on a challenge budget.
Two can play this game. Wreck Racing will be back with a vengeance! Follow us on facebook for more updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Tech-Wreck-Racing/317116794981439

So you guys are going to teach Andy Nelson a lesson or two about making power on a Challenge Budget huh?

I wanna see this!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/17/13 10:17 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote:
Bowenaero wrote:
Two can play this game. Wreck Racing will be back with a vengeance! Follow us on facebook for more updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Tech-Wreck-Racing/317116794981439
So you guys are going to teach Andy Nelson a lesson or two about making power on a Challenge Budget huh? I wanna see this!

Andy can tell us otherwise if i'm incorrect, but i don't believe he's ever showed up with something insanely powerful. What he's REALLY good at is making perfect use of the power that he does make.

Which is what mndsm and i will be unable to do. Think more "gross displays of power" and less "Awesome displays of speed."

I'm going to try go get both cars on the dyno before we head down. I'd like to see 350whp/400wtq+ out of his car.

And i'm shooting for 400whp/500wtq in my car.

Are they going to be able to do anything with that power? Nah. But it'll sure be funny!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/17/13 10:21 a.m.
Nashco wrote: I had one if those issues with my N600. Milled an angle into the header flange and used some similarly angled washers on the turbo mounting hardware. Fits now! Bryce

I think i have a solution, i'm not especially worried about it, just a bit aggravated since it seems i have about a 30% success rate in buying parts from the MX6/Probe community.

The plus side is that clearance between turbo and radiator isn't going to be a problem like it is on my car, so cooling issues shouldn't be anything to worry about. (Again, unlike my car.)

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
9/17/13 10:24 a.m.

Oh, dealing with local Honda EF/D-series guys on Craigslist wasn't a happy experience for me either. Loooots of junk buys/trades in that process, I know that pain.

Bryce

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
9/19/13 9:06 p.m.

IIRC Andy was north of 400hp. Not a lot in internet thing swinging world, but 400+ legitimate real world horsepower is a bucketfull.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
9/19/13 9:45 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: IIRC Andy was north of 400hp. Not a lot in internet thing swinging world, but 400+ legitimate real world horsepower is a bucketfull.

Especially when you know how to use it. Andy has his E36 M3 DIALED. I'll be lucky not to die, and I won't be on meth or spray. This time....

miatame
miatame HalfDork
9/25/13 9:20 a.m.

50 days to go

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/26/13 3:31 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: IIRC Andy was north of 400hp. Not a lot in internet thing swinging world, but 400+ legitimate real world horsepower is a bucketfull.

Correct.

But he also had nitrous on board in the Fiat the year the Sucker Vetter won (drags were cancelled).

He never squeezed the juice.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mo8VlMgD1ZQtKRBPFfMbgr5q8vXnrR4bQ1HAWwsHJoKlf1mS8YhmX9GF6Idrvhwr