1 ... 4 5 6 7
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
10/31/13 6:57 p.m.

Wait all you need for a holset is a 3 in. v band. You can do this

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/31/13 7:00 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Took her for a spin to heat cycle the tires today. It's kinda amazing how fast 90 mph comes up on you when you least expect it.

Downshifted to third to pass @ 55 today on the way home and put my foot to it...HORRY E36 M3 BATMAN! I'm bummed we didn't have the time to finish sorting her out to run this year. Though I'm getting pretty good at inducing a 4 wheel drift at low speed with her.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/31/13 8:11 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: Wait all you need for a holset is a 3 in. v band. You can do this

The downpipe is the easy part. The manifold is the hard part.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
10/31/13 8:22 p.m.

Is CT26 the funky toyota flange? If so I know a guy that had a flange adapter to T3 for that pattern. He had a MK3 supra with a greddy 20G and it came with the adapter. I'll see if he still has it.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/31/13 8:56 p.m.

This manifold already has an ihi to t2 to t3 to ct adapter haha. Current turbo should have a little life left in it. I'll just roll the dice I think. Reworking entire turbo setup with two weeks to go is a tall order.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/1/13 6:09 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
SVreX wrote: Took her for a spin to heat cycle the tires today. It's kinda amazing how fast 90 mph comes up on you when you least expect it.
Downshifted to third to pass @ 55 today on the way home and put my foot to it...HORRY E36 M3 BATMAN! I'm bummed we didn't have the time to finish sorting her out to run this year. Though I'm getting pretty good at inducing a 4 wheel drift at low speed with her.

Oooo- I didn't realize you had that car back on the road- exciting! I miss her.

But I was in 3rd at 90 mph yesterday.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/1/13 6:48 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Eh, don't be such a Bob Costas.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/1/13 7:46 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

I might know of someone who would have a spare stock CT26. I can ask if you want me too.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/1/13 8:57 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to Swank Force One: I might know of someone who would have a spare stock CT26. I can ask if you want me too.

If you don't mind, that would be cool. I'll know this weekend if i think the current turbo will last another event or not.

The problem is that between the problems with the turbo and now having to figure out what the berkeley shims i need for the other head, i'm running out of time and it's looking like i won't have the stuff ready to bring the car to the "next stage."

And i'm REALLY not excited in the slightest about tearing it down just to rebuild it to the same state it was in last year. Sounds like a big waste of time when i'm going to have to re-do almost all of it next year.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/1/13 9:13 a.m.

Anything I can help with boss? I possibly have a source for a Supra CT-26. I'll inquire about it on my way home.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/1/13 12:00 p.m.

Just got an email back from Limit Engineering in AZ concerning the turbo.

They couldn't directly help me, but referred me and cc'd their response to Turbo Re-Source.

The best part was that the guy at Limit's name was "Chopper."

BAD. ASS.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
11/7/13 12:01 p.m.

Just because I can:

7 Days until the Challenge!

bluej
bluej Dork
11/7/13 12:23 p.m.

In reply to miatame:

berkeleyer.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
11/7/13 12:35 p.m.

I bought my plane ticket and I've scavenged a hotel room to share. Spectate mode engaged.

Now, to find a ride from the airport to the event. Anybody mind picking up a hitchiker near the Gainesville airport on Friday morning at 10 am?

Bryce

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/7/13 1:07 p.m.

I uh....

This may very well kill me.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
11/7/13 1:42 p.m.

This work week has been killing me. I cannot wait to get down there and hang out with everyone. I need a beer!

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
11/7/13 1:54 p.m.

In reply to SVreX: So, aside from getting the MINI running have you made any other modifications? Curious minds wish to know.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/7/13 2:18 p.m.

In reply to Nashco:

The hotel has a shuttle service to and from the Gainesville airport.

Edit. On Friday you'll be headed to the track. Duh. Don't mind me.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/7/13 5:35 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: In reply to SVreX: So, aside from getting the MINI running have you made any other modifications? Curious minds wish to know.

V710s (staggered), 17% under drive pulley, several frame stiffeners, cold air intake, intercooler mister, adjustable camber plates, sticky brakes, strut tower bars, rear bar, Lexan windshield, 300 lbs lighter, careful corner weighing, track alignment. Still considering nitrous.

Will that do??

stan_d
stan_d Dork
11/7/13 5:45 p.m.

Sounds like I will be looking at your taillights.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
11/7/13 6:34 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
DeadSkunk wrote: In reply to SVreX: So, aside from getting the MINI running have you made any other modifications? Curious minds wish to know.
V710s (staggered), 17% under drive pulley, several frame stiffeners, cold air intake, intercooler mister, adjustable camber plates, sticky brakes, strut tower bars, rear bar, Lexan windshield, 300 lbs lighter, careful corner weighing, track alignment. Still considering nitrous. Will that do??

For a Challenge budget, that will do nicely !

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
11/7/13 7:11 p.m.

Gots Boost

I even tightened all of the bolts holding it to the engine.....

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
11/7/13 7:40 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

My V710s are bigger.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/7/13 8:35 p.m.

In reply to Nashco:

My phone has been shoddy at best lately, but I'm sure we can get you to the track somehow. At worst my old man leaves the airport around 12:30-1 on Fridays.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
11/7/13 8:39 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I uh.... This may very well kill me.

Me too. Actually, yesterday may have killed me. Been sick all day

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xQJ4aEIK93MDj260wVwZgLLoERGg84W9kI9YHrR1cClwktX4OT3pWjhSdc7BYPOY