1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/12/14 8:37 p.m.

Wow, it deeply saddens me to learn I'm not entitled to a "performance car".

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/12/14 8:44 p.m.

There are plenty of 4 door collector cars. Not as many as 2 doors, I'll give you that, but still plenty. Saying they would never be collectible is a little bold. IMO of course.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/12/14 8:54 p.m.

I believe there is a place for a high performance sedan, wagon, hatch or any other category of vehicle. I would rather have a coupe. I would love to see an M5 coupe. The only car that I find the sedan better looking than the coupe is the CTS-V line and the wagon is better looking than the sedan.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
6/12/14 9:19 p.m.

Where did all these dillholes come from? People complain about retro then GM decides to go with a 4-door curvy car instead of a boxy retro g-body styling and everyone loses their sack.

I would love a 400hp rwd sedan not made by BMW just due to long term maintenance costs. E36 M3 I'd be happy if Subaru upped their game with HP numbers. Coupes are out of my life for a while with 2 infants. This would be perfect to replace the Si with some luxury and power. The sad part though it will most likely be $55k and a used CTS-V will be more desirable at that point A GS is already $40k.....CTS Vsport is $70k....

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/12/14 10:28 p.m.

Non-performance cars:

Mitsubishi Evo

Subaru WRX/STi

Ford Taurus SHO

Cadillac CTS-V

BMW M5

BMW M3

Audi S4/RS4/RS4 Avant

Audi S6/RS6/RS6 Avant

Dodge Charger SRT8

Chrysler 300C SRT8

Mazdaspeed3

Mazdaspeed6

Volkswagen GTI

Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Ford Contour SVT

Jaguar XF-S

Mercedes AMG whatever it is

Lexus IS-F

More?

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
6/12/14 10:30 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: You're just not reading my posts well enough, because I'm this right practically all the time.

Maybe, This discussion reminds me that folks on this forum can't tell a pony car from a muscle car either (see the stupid musclecar thread).

Buick has always had a "Grampa's Hotrod" car but it has always been a 2-door.

Not to worry though, I'm sure GM will stay true to form and kill it off as soon as they get it really sorted out.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/13/14 4:52 a.m.
Cotton wrote: There are plenty of 4 door collector cars.

Such as?

Tom_Spangler wrote: More?

No thanks.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/13/14 4:54 a.m.
Duke wrote: Wow, it deeply saddens me to learn I'm not entitled to a "performance car".

Good. Maybe you'll do something about it.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/14 6:12 a.m.

Why in the world would this car be better with less usability?

So, if the weight , width, length, everything was the same, and they just put 1 door on the side instead of 2, it would magically be a performance car?

Why would anybody think 2 doors is better than 4? I mean if you are talking about a 2 seat car, sure. If you are talking about something the size of a small family sedan (we are), why make it 2 doors?

It always make me laugh when I see somebody buy a toyota solara. A camry is a car you buy for practicality. They you eliminate most of the practicality by getting rid of the rear doors because some idiot thinks 2 doors = sporty.

You guys can have the 2 doors. I will take mine in 4 door or preferably wagon flavor please!

P.S. The GN's never had a V8 that I am aware of.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/13/14 6:36 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

The main reason is because that goddam pillar right beside of my head directs turbulent air directly to the side of my dome and in my ear with the windows down. And I like to have the windows down when I'm out hooning around in my performance car. Plus they're berkeleying ugly.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/13/14 6:45 a.m.

And why is it that whenever someone wants a family hauler/daily driver all you high performance fueled gear heads constantly recommend a berkeleying prius? Because a 400+hp sedan is going to be thirsty. I don't hear anyone recommending any of those cars on that list for a daily driver ever around here.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/14 8:07 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Duke wrote: Wow, it deeply saddens me to learn I'm not entitled to a "performance car".
Good. Maybe you'll do something about it.

OK, you are clearly trolling. I'm out.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
6/13/14 8:33 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I would love to see an M5 coupe.

They make a 2 door 5, it is called the 6.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/13/14 8:56 a.m.

Let me clarify, I'd like to see a E39 M5 coupe.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/13/14 9:05 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Such as?
No thanks.

At first I thought you were kidding. If you really don't think there are any collectible sedans you know nothing about the market. I would simply suggest doing some research.

And just so we're clear, I'm not trying to be an ass, but I think you're trolling, so I'm not going to waste my time hitting the interwebs to pull a lot of examples.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/13/14 9:11 a.m.

This thread hurts my head.

I swear people on this board would bitch about anything.

Car company builds a 400hp 4 door manual RWD car. Too many doors.
Another one builds a small 2 door hardtop RWD sports car. Not enough power.
Company builds two door sports car with 274hp or 348hp and optional Brembos and limited slip diff. Too heavy.

I think if a company came out with a 300hp 2 door coupe that weighed 2000lbs and $15k, people on here would bitch about it.

Jesus, it is a berkeleying RWD 400hp manaul sedan at a price that I am willing to bet is a lot less then the European competitors who gives a flying E36 M3 what the name is. It is berkeleying awesome.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/13/14 9:21 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

I think what is happening is that everyone is discussing this car on a car discussion forum. You on the other hand seem to have the opinion that everyone should just agree with you, and that requires no discussion. I hate when I have to point out the obvious.
People are different and have different views on things. If you are expecting that to change, then I think you'll be waiting a very long time.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
6/13/14 9:38 a.m.

Oi. Sometimes we talk about being such a tight community, then we bicker like family that tolerates one another over Thanksgiving dinner, over something that, had it come from VW or Mazda, would have been touted as the best thing ever.

All of you people complaining that it's not a "real" GN or GNX, you know, I had this same thing with my '05 GTO. All kinds of guys (exclusively guys, no females had anything negative to say about the car or its heritage) felt entitled to come up to me at gas stations or yell at me from their car windows that it wasn't a "real" GTO. Piss the berkeley off. You do not get to make that decision.

You know who gets to make that decision? The people who made the god damn cars, that's who. If Pontiac decided to call something a GTO, that makes it "real." If Buick has a high performance turbo sedan and they call it a Grand National, Buick named it, it's a "real" Grand National.

"OMG, a 911 is water cooled? That's not a REAL 911." BS. "A Beetle with a radiator and engine at the front? That's not a REAL Beetle." Apparently, VW thinks it is enough of one.

Things change. If they had kept making the old rwd 2-door automatic only 3.8 turbo GNX, it might still be a "real" GNX but you lot would be complaining that it hasn't changed in 30 years and why can't Buick get with the times. And now it's just complaining that they have gotten with the times.

Seriously, another performance car has been added to the marketplace and you are whining about it.

Give it a rest. The car world has moved on from NA Miatas and E30s.

BTW, the Grand National never came with a V8. I don't know if anyone knew that.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
6/13/14 9:40 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Such as?
No thanks.

alcn gtho photo: 1971 GTHO Phase 2 Falcon IMG.jpg

xb gt photo: XB GT RIMG0052.jpg

commodore ss photo: VH SS Replica VHSSREPLICA.jpg

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
6/13/14 9:58 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: And why is it that whenever someone wants a family hauler/daily driver all you high performance fueled gear heads constantly recommend a berkeleying prius? Because a 400+hp sedan is going to be thirsty. I don't hear anyone recommending any of those cars on that list for a daily driver ever around here.

You don't seem to read the same "what car" threads that I do. Every one of them is half filled with some people recommending very thirsty RWD v8 sedans. Other people recommend a Prius, sure, but not everyone.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/13/14 10:02 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote:
Such as?
No thanks.
alcn gtho photo: 1971 GTHO Phase 2 Falcon IMG.jpg xb gt photo: XB GT RIMG0052.jpg commodore ss photo: VH SS Replica VHSSREPLICA.jpg

Gee, how about something that is sold in THIS country.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/13/14 10:13 a.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

This might qualify. Sold for 660k.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1299&aid=221

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
6/13/14 10:15 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Gee, how about something that is sold in THIS country.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
6/13/14 10:16 a.m.

The irony is we're all arguing over a car that likely will never even exist!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/13/14 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Gasoline:

Collectible? I don't think so.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
srLkLIaw7X8BQqzelrWbWVINE4SSaLpSVaPbwFJoJxI4k7SHfpNTHqIprM4gQ4rT