1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
10/10/16 8:00 p.m.

I've been finding tons of rusty S10s and Rangers in need of leaf spring hangers. Two wheel drive trucks that aren't junk aren't common up my way anymore.

..But I did find a 12a swapped B2200 and a 5.2/Stick Dakota...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/10/16 9:38 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Keeping my eyes open for a local, cheap, semi-solid square body S10 for my return to the GRM challenge, but they are hard to come by in Ohio. Saw one on CL for $300 not too far from home, but of course, I'm in Canada this week. And two 5.3LS-engined trucks with bad transmissions turned up, too, one for $1K, and one for 1.2K. I'd prefer an s10/s15, but full size standard cab short bed trucks are also on my search list, since then I could start with a V8, instead of needing to do an engine swap.

i'll have one up here from FL pretty soon that i could be talked out of, and there is a v8 2wd 99 silverado on cleveland CL for $500 running/driving with bad frame.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/10/16 10:08 p.m.
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
10/10/16 10:11 p.m.

I've come up with a gameplan involving whatever cheap minitruck I can find, now all I need is money.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
10/10/16 10:14 p.m.

Better idea, go big or go home.

$900

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
10/11/16 5:37 p.m.

My 79 GMC will return, already installed a rear GRM decal worth at least twice the HP as prior. Since the prior Challenge involved a failing carb, troubled power steering, electrical fire just shortly prior to the event, and a leaking trans pan and rear end seal afterwards from large burnouts - next results should go up from there.

Look for a Montgomery Ward Shop Truck theme to show up on it.

Here is a pic, so you can see the tail - light view that you'll see again at the drags.

photo DSCN1249_zps1rqmgslh.jpg

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
10/11/16 5:39 p.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

The Laguna front end spells out a NASCAR theme

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/11/16 6:23 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: THAT MOVES ME, they really do that? I helped on a truck team and they wern't as exciting as that. Some inspiration: I really want to give a crewcab dually the same treatment and run it
Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
10/12/16 7:38 a.m.

I am vaguely planning to attend with my Rampage. Did i already say that? I guess the question is whether i will do the 'boring' thing and run a same-old 8v dodge turbo 4cyl in it so that it 'just works and goes fast', or try something less rote for me.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
10/12/16 8:14 a.m.
Vigo wrote: I am vaguely planning to attend with my Rampage. Did i already say that? I guess the question is whether i will do the 'boring' thing and run a same-old 8v dodge turbo 4cyl in it so that it 'just works and goes fast', or try something less rote for me.

How hard is a 6g72 (or 6g74) swap? Enough parts-bin to do it without major heartburn?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
10/12/16 8:15 a.m.
Vigo wrote: I am vaguely planning to attend with my Rampage. Did i already say that? I guess the question is whether i will do the 'boring' thing and run a same-old 8v dodge turbo 4cyl in it so that it 'just works and goes fast', or try something less rote for me.

Boring motor, but put it in the back.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/12/16 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Vigo:

A Rampage will be a tough competitor. Even better if you can stuff in bits from a wrecked PT Cruiser GT!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/16 8:31 a.m.

To Vigo and All:

I have a case of beer that says a FWD truck will win this thing.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/16 9:48 a.m.

In reply to Robbie:

I might take you up on that. Hopefully getting our truck Saturday. Will let you know then.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/12/16 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Robbie:

I'm also willing to take the bet.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
10/12/16 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

Wow! The trash-talking starts early for 2017!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/16 1:20 p.m.

It seems beer will again be a big line item for me, but whether it is "Accounts Receivable" or "Accounts Payable" is yet to be seen.

Please note while I did bet on FWD being the winning configuration, I did not bet that my own FWD truck would be the winner. But I am planning to vie for the title.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/12/16 1:26 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

I wasn't betting on myself either. Not sure I care what place I finish... as long as it is ahead of the majority.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/16 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

So your goal is to be just slightly above average? Sorry couldn't help but to continue the trash talking.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/12/16 1:59 p.m.
Stampie wrote: In reply to Andy Neuman: So your goal is to be just slightly above average? Sorry couldn't help but to continue the trash talking.

"Good Times Racing: Filling the void in the middle of the pack"

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/12/16 2:34 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Stampie wrote: In reply to Andy Neuman: So your goal is to be just slightly above average? Sorry couldn't help but to continue the trash talking.
"Good Times Racing: Filling the void in the middle of the pack"

Basically...Just a few spots above Stampie is the goal.

I was disappointed in my BPD(Beers per day) this year because of having a head cold. I will need to get my numbers up next year.

On another note four years in a row stuck between 11-18... I'm going to break into the top ten one day. Hopefully before I turn 30.

The Infinitruck is happening

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/12/16 2:46 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

An Infiniti made it to #10...just not yours.

Zing!

Pat
Pat HalfDork
10/12/16 6:20 p.m.
Robbie wrote: To Vigo and I have a case of beer that says a FWD truck will win this thing.

I'd say that's a smart bet.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/12/16 6:32 p.m.
Pat wrote:
Robbie wrote: To Vigo and I have a case of beer that says a FWD truck will win this thing.
I'd say that's a smart bet.

For the overall, or for the truck class?

I'm not ready to concede the overall, not when I am planning something as ridiculous as I am!

Even to you, Pat.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
10/12/16 6:49 p.m.

To qualify as a truck it needs a full size slide in camper with your wife inside making your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending on what time during the day it is raced on course. Make it interesting.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XlfE7IZ5S9Qfv5J3romVR1lHBrcNO4B0ek2EoMZKFosTSKQiu4t6V9MIwU2aNyMJ