David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/9/22 8:07 p.m.
feature_image

Not the prog trio but the upmarket line from Hyundai. Why is this important? Because Korea is quickly offering some solid alternatives to Japan–which has spent decades to create alternatives to European-produced machines.

The GV70 is the new brand’s new SUV that has its own look–not a Lexus, not a Benz.

Scroll past the photos for driving impressions.

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
2/15/22 10:43 a.m.

The other day I saw a woman driving a G70, also in white. I believe it was at the Speedway but, to be honest, things blur together. Maybe she passed by the house while I was doing some yardwork. 

The big thing, though: She just looked happy. 

David S. Wallens
2/18/22 12:29 p.m.

And, back to the question posed, better than BMW? Hmmm. And if you asked me 10 years ago if that was even a valid question....

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
2/18/22 1:01 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I can't speak for Genesis, but being behind the wheel of a number of recent Hyundai and Kia products has made me a convert (Sorry Honda–It's not you, it's me).

I can only imagine a car like the G70 giving BMW a run for its money.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/18/22 1:20 p.m.

I really like that interior. I have a soft spot for quilted leather and that color. 

1ducatiboy
1ducatiboy New Reader
2/18/22 1:20 p.m.

I drove the SUV version, the GV70 with the same platform as the sedan i believe. Loved it!

What I didn't love was the $10,000 premium over list. Passed on it for the time being.

Munchen Fan
Munchen Fan GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/18/22 1:23 p.m.

Hyundai, Genesis and Kia have a loooonnnngggg way to go before they can assert 'reliability' in their offerings.

calteg
calteg Dork
2/18/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Munchen Fan :

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
2/18/22 2:12 p.m.

Crazy how things have changed!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FjYkqIfB0298bgQl8oAa6yO2dW7Tu1nEcIuRvHhGmjkHvfEAbzn3URRS9if0D0bh