The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
3/27/23 4:37 p.m.

Remember when Hyundai first teased the 45 EV Concept back in 2019, the car that would go on to become the Ioniq 5?

Photography Credit: Courtesy Hyundai

Yeah, we didn't think the production car would look anything like that, but here we are.

Styling aside, how well does the Ioniq 5 do daily driver things? We drove one for a few …

Read the rest of the story

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
3/28/23 4:12 p.m.

"Yeah, we didn't think the production car would look anything like that, but here we are."

Hey Hyundai, now do the N Vision 74 :P

Jokes aside, thanks for the impressions, I do think Hyundai knocked it out of the park with this one.  I'm still not a CUV buyer, but I can't wait to buy an EV GTI/Civic SI/etc.  We're so close to getting it right...so much so that if the rumored N version of the Ioniq 5 gets built with a slightly lower/sportier suspension and the same or better range, I may go "close enough" and pull the trigger. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/28/23 4:24 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Agreed.

If I were to guess, I think companies like Hyundai are first offering the EVs they know they can sell–like CUVs–and are then going to start offering us the GTIs and Sis us folk are after.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/28/23 4:47 p.m.

The Ionic 6 is a sedan at least, though it falls down in the looks department to me

calteg
calteg SuperDork
3/28/23 4:57 p.m.

Huzzah for minimalist interiors. The RSX was the high point of modern interior design, that's a hill I'll die on.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/23 6:46 p.m.

There's one in my neighborhood I've seen while walking the dog.  It's a great looking car.  I was very impressed.

Honestly Hyundai is pretty much killing it on the styling front lately, IMHO.  As opposed to the crack-smoking designers at Toyota, but I'm getting off track.

My wife wants to upgrade to an EV soon, and has a MINI in mind, but this might be a better fit for her needs.  Good to hear it's a nice ride.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AVtC65LMwnpIEGJGdynFRidGx4j1qFFBtGf28op5XYzPh793kI0DV44XFrENbDQF