1 2 3
Wanderer
Wanderer New Reader
6/3/14 1:56 p.m.

240SX vert. Drift guys don't want them generally so you can avoid the tax, and they're not that hard to find from what i've seen anyway.

Or one of these (if you can find one )

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
6/4/14 6:04 a.m.

The E30, early VW cabrio's, and a MINI convertible are probably the best choices.

freestyle
freestyle Reader
6/4/14 8:02 a.m.

I've never driven a PT cruiser convertible, and it's currently isn't on my bucket list. I realize we're looking for the feel of a Miata, and I'm guessing it isn't close. But the PT shares the Miata's need to be defended at work to non car folks. That's something. Right?

But really. I vote Mini Convertible.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/4/14 8:10 a.m.

It's better than a Miata at everything but auto-x. It's better than the E30 vert because it's berkeleying fast.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/4/14 8:11 a.m.

It's better than a Miata, E30 and E36 vert.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/14 8:16 a.m.

The 300ZX came as a 2+2, a convertible and a turbo.
Just...not at the same time. With some elbow grease and a sawzall, you could make a 2+2 Turbo convertible I suppose.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/14 10:57 a.m.
Wanderer wrote: 240SX vert. Drift guys don't want them generally so you can avoid the tax, and they're not that hard to find from what i've seen anyway.

I think that the 240sx convertibles were all automatic from the factory, though. Not that that's hard to remedy, but it's a consideration.

Wanderer
Wanderer New Reader
6/4/14 12:01 p.m.

In reply to psteav:

I had a feeling that was true but wasn't positive on that, good point.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
6/4/14 4:03 p.m.
OP said: 4 seater convertibles that feel similar to a Miata?

This 4 seat Miata has been on Atlanta Craigslist fo-a-while

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/5/14 9:41 a.m.
freestyle wrote: I've never driven a PT cruiser convertible, and it's currently isn't on my bucket list. I realize we're looking for the feel of a Miata, and I'm guessing it isn't close. But the PT shares the Miata's need to be defended at work to non car folks. That's something. Right?

As a recently liberated PT Cruiser owner, and a former Miata owner, you're right, they're not close. You do have to defendt both of them to coworkers and friends, but the difference is that the Miata is worth defending.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/5/14 9:51 a.m.

Would a PT Cruiser convertible turbo with lots of boost justifying defending it?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HT6BSAMr7kPPAP8lbgamLBkz1vBjbOCTdaAtK5wyvJILn9szdAeJ17Xewkmpq68l