1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
ratghia
ratghia New Reader
8/12/08 10:31 p.m.

The car is now tagged and insured (the insurance card read Volkswagon Cermengia. We just dropped it off to be inspected so hopefully it will pass.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/12/08 10:36 p.m.

Getting down to crunch time! The clock says 49 days and I feel like I only have 2 weeks. September will mostly be a wash and I have so much to do. That's not to mention unforeseen business travel... ARG!

Everything short of the engine bay is stripped...bolts, wiring, door hardware, body panels, etc. I hope to have the paint complete in no more than two weeks and the turbo installation finalized a week after. Sounds simple enough, eh? I don't think I've ever devoted so much time to a project. I'm ready for it to be done and cruising :).

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
8/13/08 10:13 a.m.

The ghia is now legal to drive.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous New Reader
8/13/08 10:31 a.m.

There's only six paid entries so far? Looks like I'm guaranteed a top ten finish.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/13/08 10:35 a.m.

Challengers are notoriously late entering. I think they're busy getting their cars running. Expect a flurry of entrants before the event.

I am digging the challenger blogs though.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/08 10:49 a.m.

yeah.... what happens if you don't get pre-registered by sept. 1st? price go up or something?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/13/08 11:02 a.m.

You can't come, and Per gets to remove one part from your car with his hammer. His choice.

Seriously, we need the registrations in by Sept. 1 so we can make sure everything is in place in time.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/13/08 11:18 a.m.

So what you're saying is, you really need registrations by September 21st. Check.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/13/08 11:49 a.m.

Check, October first.,

I remember having my check in during February one year... It was late then too.

bluej
8/13/08 12:41 p.m.

edit: nevermind, reviewed the budget and have more room than i though. will get the registration in asap.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/13/08 5:03 p.m.
bluej wrote: edit: nevermind, reviewed the budget and have more room than i though. will get the registration in asap.

you do know that challenge fees and transportation to the challenge are not part of the budget, right?

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
8/14/08 3:46 a.m.

Took the car to the drags last Sunday. Passed tech and got into the staging lanes. With six cars ahead of me, it started to pour rain....

Got a raincheck and will head back this Sunday.

And i'll throw my registration in the mail soon...

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/14/08 12:46 p.m.

I hate body work. And now, the whole gang does.

bluej
8/14/08 1:13 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
bluej wrote: edit: nevermind, reviewed the budget and have more room than i though. will get the registration in asap.
you do know that challenge fees and transportation to the challenge are not part of the budget, right?

yep, but unfortunately that doesn't mean i can count them out of my real$ budget

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/14/08 1:25 p.m.
bluej wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
yep, but unfortunately that doesn't mean i can count them out of my real$ budget

I'm having a "Corporate meeting with the people at Mortorsport Marketing Inc." sometime in October.

AngryCorvair
8/15/08 4:20 a.m.

since i've received some 1099 income from some auto-related work, i am also attending a corporate meeting with the people at Motorsport Marketing Inc. mine is first weekend in october, when is yours?

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/15/08 8:32 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: since i've received some 1099 income from some auto-related work, i am also attending a corporate meeting with the people at Motorsport Marketing Inc. mine is first weekend in october, when is yours?

Ooooo big shot

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/15/08 9:01 p.m.

BTW, the little knucklehead wants to post a picture. So I'm turning the keyboard over and going to watch the Olympics.

Hi this is Calvin. I want to get my own screen name. I'm thinking about using TheV8Kid. I will be posting pictures of our progress soon.

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
8/15/08 9:06 p.m.

Ttoday we found out that the glass pack exhaust I put on the ghia doesn't keep it from setting off car alarms as we drive down the road.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid
8/16/08 6:46 p.m.

Today we mounted the radiator and i got to weld for the first time

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean New Reader
8/16/08 8:38 p.m.
TheV8Kid said:i got to weld for the first time

That’s AWESOME!!!! Your pop must be so proud! I remember when Aaron started welding, big grin on my face for sure!

It sounds like the car is coming along well. We can’t wait to take a look at it tomorrow! Rat boy and I are going to try to pop in on the way home from the autocross. The Ghia gets to stretch her legs again tomorrow. YEAH!!!

AngryCorvair
8/17/08 5:45 a.m.

another generation of York PA madness! outstanding!

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/17/08 10:22 p.m.

Gettin' thar:

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/18/08 4:02 a.m.
kcbhiw wrote: Gettin' thar:

Suddenly I realized I might not be as far behind as originally thought.

CAM777
CAM777 None
8/18/08 8:27 a.m.

This is my first ever post on the board. I'm Wheels777's oldest son. I plan to be posting progress of our project soon. So far, we are on calendar day 51 of the build.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bosULoMngXl9OPQxKm3unl3wckFiUfj2mMBgN0XzlhcW2F5gV3h3EmBSMRYFCbYQ