1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/18/08 10:07 a.m.

Jees Cam what are you waiting for? 51 days? I think you need to get cracking ;)

Tell your dad to get to work too.

CAM777
CAM777 New Reader
8/18/08 10:23 a.m.

We started 51 calendar days ago. We've only worked on it 39 days. You would be suprised if you saw it!!!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
8/18/08 11:51 a.m.

yea he's right it looks awesome!!!!!!!

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
8/18/08 3:37 p.m.

I had a pretty successful day at the drags yesterday. Ran well and better than expected. On its second pass down the strip, it ran only 2 tenths slower than my original goal. Think it may be time to set my sights a bit higher....

Or i could spend the next 44 days polishing, buffing, and waxing. Maybe actually score a point or two in the concours...

nah!

I'll just keep trying to go faster!~

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
8/18/08 6:47 p.m.

Well Cam777 and TheV8Kid, we're still waiting on these pics. Did you guys take over the whole project yourselves or what? Kick your old man to the curb, did ya?

ratghia
ratghia New Reader
8/18/08 9:23 p.m.

We took the ghia out for another autocross last weekend.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
8/18/08 9:46 p.m.

nice

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/18/08 11:00 p.m.
chknhwk wrote: Well Cam777 and TheV8Kid, we're still waiting on these pics. Did you guys take over the whole project yourselves or what? Kick your old man to the curb, did ya?

At least Guido's kids know their place ;)

CAM777
CAM777 New Reader
8/19/08 6:58 a.m.

You can now view the first 15 days of the NELSON FAMILY PROJECT in my build diary. Rat Bugs Rule!!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/19/08 7:43 a.m.

Very nice!

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
8/19/08 8:26 a.m.

Finally the answer to the age old question, Which is faster, a Fiat or a VW. Great job guys!

Sent in my entry fee today. Now I just need to put the front suspension back in the Fiero. I'm so close to running in the antique class that I can taste it.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/19/08 8:44 a.m.

I really hate body work.

I really need to send in our entry.

CAM777
CAM777 New Reader
8/19/08 1:54 p.m.

You can now view the first 20 days of the NELSON FAMILY PROJECT in my build diary. Rat Bugs Rule!!

On August 20th, the diary will be updated with 5 more days.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
8/19/08 2:29 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Challengers are notoriously late entering. I think they're busy getting their cars running. Expect a flurry of entrants before the event. I am digging the challenger blogs though.

Um, Hi, I know you don't handle this, but my check was cashed on the 6th, and my name still isn't on the list.

Is Per using my hard earned cash to support that slot car habit again? Or is their a comm breakdown between the floodwashed plains of Florida and the drought area of the midwest?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/19/08 2:45 p.m.

Mental, I'm pretty sure you were on the list, but there's been a bug that keeps turning people off. I think I have the bug fixed now, and just turned your "challenger" status back on.

AutoXR
AutoXR New Reader
8/19/08 3:30 p.m.

I will be putting this in friday night...

Gotta send in my entry too

Damm time is a tickin

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
8/19/08 5:10 p.m.

Entry Sent!

Reading the Nelson's build diary makes me feel worthless and weak

That thing is gonna be awesome guys!! And hopefully i'll have its cousin rollin' in time and we can roll into the Jalopy Showdown w/ a couple of bug-rats next year!

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
8/19/08 8:10 p.m.
problemaddict wrote: .....And hopefully i'll have its cousin rollin' in time and we can roll into the Jalopy Showdown w/ a couple of bug-rats next year!

Yuuup!

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
8/19/08 8:28 p.m.

That Ghia looks awesome!

Well, I simply can't make the funds work this year. I realize my car wasn't going to be competitive in the least but I really wanted to do this and just BE THERE. Ain't gonna happen. Terri and I just bought (another) race car and I'd rather spend the time and money on vacation to see my daughter. I'm really bummed Andy, I wanted to see you compete. I'll just have to swing by again sometime, maybe this time you'll let me pick up a wrench. =P Somebody get a lot of pics for me.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/19/08 10:29 p.m.
AutoXR wrote: I will be putting this in friday night... Gotta send in my entry too Damm time is a tickin

Hotness. I've always had a thing for clean engines.

CAM777
CAM777 New Reader
8/20/08 7:09 a.m.

Rat bug build diary has been updated to day 25.

spin_out
spin_out New Reader
8/20/08 8:11 a.m.

Ouch. As a competitor, clean engines scare me.
Unless they are not in the car. :)

I purposely let my motor get filthy in hopes that the filth would sop up the leaking oil (and trans fluid). Seems to be working just fine.

As a side note, last year at the concours I thought one of the judges might actually puke when he looked at my engine compartment. He got the look of a guy who has been out on a boat too long, and gets the whiff of some bait going bad.

AutoXR
AutoXR New Reader
8/20/08 10:29 a.m.

Don't worry guys , the rest of the car looks like a bag of crap. I ihave a white hood ,black fenders..ect...

my only goal is getting there!!

just scored some free RA1's and $50 Tech RA's for my Omni GLH wheels!

Wooo.. so excited ,it's my first challenge.

ss
ss
8/20/08 10:16 p.m.

WESTSIDE CALL OUT Pics up soon

CAM777
CAM777 New Reader
8/21/08 10:05 a.m.

Rat bug build diary has been updated to day 30.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BgSUg3euy5RHoTebfRFRHyygFbKuLV2KXTsDrJrV3gJoxJQ7Z9FQ5PJQmBGNZTbP