1 2
Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
5/7/14 1:02 p.m.

I don't think I've seen an LTD wagon (or sedan) on the road around here (rustbelt) in years.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/7/14 1:31 p.m.

I would buy the wagon...maybe change the wheels, maintain it and drive the hell out of it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
5/7/14 2:11 p.m.
Conquest_LR4 wrote: Foxboy = Zero car seatability. I've owned a couple and they shouldn't even put rear seats in a Mustang or Camaro. Baffles me why they even bother with them. ............ Who would try and ride 4 people in them anyway?

I keep posting this. Our last two family cars have been Mustang convertibles. I'm 6'0 and 230+lb's and frequently spend 30-40 mins in the back seat. The only reason we are replacing it with a cute ute is the youngest is now 5'8" and my wife wants AWD for winter driving after this last year.

dropstep
dropstep New Reader
5/7/14 2:51 p.m.

my zephyr wagon is great, fox platform so the aftermarket is there and i can fit the wife and 6 year olds easily. my car was a one owner car with 106k and aside from needing the front floorpans is solid everywere. the deals are out there if you have some time to shop around.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/14 4:28 p.m.

I had a 79 Zephyr wagon and I so want that car back. The perfect "Fox" based car in my opinion. I also like the 4 headlight setup on the zephyr better than the Fairmont's two headlights. And if you squint the Zephyr looks like a 85 mustang. LOL

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/14 4:29 p.m.

This looks exactly like the one I had

yupididit
yupididit New Reader
5/7/14 4:36 p.m.

Do it http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4458088947.html

1966stang
1966stang Reader
5/7/14 6:19 p.m.

As cheap as both are...fox body for a toy, wagon for a winter car. Cheaper still than buying a new Accord and dealing with sales tax and depreciation.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
5/7/14 6:22 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Conquest_LR4 wrote: Foxboy = Zero car seatability. I've owned a couple and they shouldn't even put rear seats in a Mustang or Camaro. Baffles me why they even bother with them. ............ Who would try and ride 4 people in them anyway?
I keep posting this. Our last two family cars have been Mustang convertibles. I'm 6'0 and 230+lb's and frequently spend 30-40 mins in the back seat. The only reason we are replacing it with a cute ute is the youngest is now 5'8" and my wife wants AWD for winter driving after this last year.

I have been lusting mustang convertibles. I would still want one with a cut ute. 94 to 98 body style is stiffer and handles better IMHO....but I still like older fox cars.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
5/7/14 6:36 p.m.
1966stang wrote: As cheap as both are... wagon for a toy, fox body for a winter car. Cheaper still than buying a new Accord and dealing with sales tax and depreciation.

FTFY

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YgnDSohdHj4ApomOK6r4RkF48a70CsJuvvnuMH3GqpCrbrDjQQC3TJVWrnST8G9v